Recent content by thanson1964

  1. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    No, I am waiting to hear back from them today, the doc told me that they would get in touch with me today with a date. I know I am flirting with disaster here as far as recovering and being back at work go, but I would rather get this thing out of my body and not have any long term health...
  2. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    I agree with all of these concerns, why don't they at least give the surgery candidate the information and they can make an informed decision on whether or not to test for metal allergies before their surgery. Good news, I begged the surgeon #3 to do the revision surgery as my employer has...
  3. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    Josephine, I tested highly allergic to Nickel in the blood test that I had done. So I do have an allergy to nickel, quite a predominant one. I also tested positive for being slightly allergic to vanadium and zirconium. I have had nothing but problems since I had my THR in November. I am having a...
  4. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    hello all. I have never received any resolution for my deep hip pain. My new ortho doc tried a number of tests and couldn't find anything. However; the bonescan is still coming back abnormal. They even did a bone aspiration, that was pleasant. I now have a PICC line in and i have been on a...
  5. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    oh, thank you everyone for your support and encouragement. It all means so very much to me. I am sorry I haven't updated sooner. Been dealing with so much, as you can probably imagine. I was discharged from the hospital after 9 days of IV antibiotics. They sent me home with oral antibiotics and...
  6. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    oh my gosh, thank you everyone for your support. I ended up going to the ER, I have been in the hospital for 8 days. They pulled fluid from the subcutaneous serosa that measured 2x3x16 (big right) and that culture came up negative until the 3rd day, then it grew staph. I have had a 3 part bone...
  7. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    I am kind of a basket case right now and I have been in the hospital for 1 week receiving strong narcotic pain relievers. I have been complaining of pain since my THR was done back in November 2012. Doc wouldn't listen, I finally went for a second opinion end of Feb. By March 19th I was back in...
  8. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    thanks for sharing the great story Poppet. I will look into the Nordic walking poles - they sound like a good investment regardless of my hip concerns. I was able to research somewhat while waiting in the doc's office tonight. I think I like the idea of appealing to my psychological side of...
  9. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    That is a great idea Poppet, i will be sure to do just that. I know my orthopedic surgeon cringes when he sees me coming. I always have a notebook and pen with me and a LONG list of questions. I'll be sure to review them all as well. Thank you kindly for your words of encouragement.
  10. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    Thanks you so much Josephine. I will then find out about getting a second opinion. I may just go see my GP and ask her to refer me. I also don't know how soft tissue or nerve damage is treated. I may be putting the cart before the horse, but knowledge is power. Can you tell me if there is...
  11. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    Josephine, HI. Thanks for attaching the link to the video, I watched it all. I had the anterior approach. And i have suspected nerve damage this entire time because my thigh is tender to the touch, regardless of meds, it is very uncomfortable to the touch. I forgot about my leg shaking so...
  12. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    Well, I am a production scheduler. I am a desk jockey; however, I am up and moving quite a bit. I did try to return to work and found that it was too difficult. In fact, my boss and my boss's boss sent me home to work from home again. I am frustrated. My swelling returned and my leg was...
  13. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    Thank you everyone for your advice and compassion. I am headed back to work on Monday. Feeling pretty apprehensive about it. I found out that my surgery had some complications, I read the doctor's transcription. I am still taking 1 Percocet to sleep through the night and 2 vicoden twice a...
  14. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    In reference to the tramadol being a joke: oh I found that it wasn't effective at all. It made me feel wired and didn't take the edge off the pain. Ok, I will try the Tylenol, ibuprofen OTC drugs. I appreciate your feedback.
  15. thanson1964

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    Debowma, yes i have been back to the doctor and seen my xrays. I found that very interesting. To my inexperienced, uneducated eye, the xrays looked great. An interesting note is that the doctor has not released me to return to work, except for working from home. But he doesn't seem to...
Back
Top Bottom