Recent content by Texasez

  1. Texasez

    TKR On the recovery side 10/20/15

    Dr visit went great. Ended home healthe 3 days ago and starting out patient therapy tomorrow. I have my next knee replacement scheduled for December 1 for my right knee which will be 6 weeks after my first TKR. The only problem I am having now is that the muscle running down the left side of...
  2. Texasez

    TKR On the recovery side 10/20/15

    10 day update. I have 103 degrees on cpm machine, walking without assistance around house (cane outside), very little pain and using Tylenol and Alleve for pain, knee is still swollen about as much as when I came home. I am icing and elevating dailing. Home health care is surprised at my...
  3. Texasez

    TKR On the recovery side 10/20/15

    Tylenol codeine was the only thing I got for pain until the next morning when the Dr showed up but he got it straightened out right away and I was on my way. I know it to early to quit but I would like to cut back or lengthened the time between dosage. Any suggestions?
  4. Texasez

    TKR On the recovery side 10/20/15

    Five days out from surgery and do not have much pain except when walking and even them it gets better as I walk more. What is the consensus of when to cut back on the pain killers. I am taking Tramadol 50 mg and Hydrco/app 7.5 tab every 6 hours and I cannot tell pain is elevated much if any...
  5. Texasez

    TKR On the recovery side 10/20/15

    I was second up behind a bilateral lady. Surgery was uneventful and woke up nearly pain free. Every thing was wonderful until everything else had worn off and I was depending on Tylenol 3 every 6 hours. The Dr. told me I could take it as often as 3 hours if need but the nurse on the second...
  6. Texasez

    What to eat before taking pain medication?

    They recommend taking not taking pain meds on a empty stomach. What snack, crackers, etc worked for you?
  7. Texasez

    TKR Approximate 2 year update

    That is great. Are you finding the 6 foot hose on the game ready is long enough. I am not sure whether to get 6 or 14 foot hose. Are you using a cane, walker, or nothing to walk now.
  8. Texasez

    TKR Approximate 2 year update

    Wings. Can you tell me any info on how the game ready is doing for you? Did you get the articulating knee sleeve? How hard is it to set up and keep it running or do you have to get someone to do it for you. Are you renting from the Game Ready company, a local company, or buy? Can you use...
  9. Texasez

    Game Ready-Has anyone used it for cold therapy?

    Has anyone used the Game Ready system of ice therapy. It looks good but not sure if it is worth the cost. https://www.gameready.com/
  10. Texasez

    Is 6 weeks long enough between TKR?

    I am getting both knees replaced and Medicare will not allow both at the same time. The Dr. said he usually does them 4-6 weeks apart. What is your opinion based on your experience with TKR?
  11. Texasez

    TKR What does Medicare not pay for in TKR?

    What did you not get paid for by Medicare for TKR? Does it cover the cold therapies like Game Ready or other therapies? I have Aetna Medicare Advantage.
Back
Top Bottom