Hi everyone, I am about to celebrate my one year new knee anniversary on Jan 8th. It was a hard recovery in the beginning but finding this forum helped me massively. Best advice was to not over do the PT it will swell and cause you pain and set you back. Keep a track of your recovery and look...
I am five months post surgery and finally feel like it was worth it all. It's a long and painful road but you will feel better as the weeks past by. I agree with everyone, if it's too much in PT don't do it. I made myself a torture chair, put a strap around ankle and put it under the chair...
16 weeks and trying another phased return next week. The last one wasn't good. I found the standing was the worst as it stiffened and swelled. I'm nervous about going back as my company are not being very helpful. Refused to start over phased return and wanted me to start where we left off...
Hi I'm 16 weeks post TKR too. I still have trouble on the stairs. I come down only on the one replaced leg. I have been doing it so long and I read from others it's part habit. When I go up I can alternate legs but my operated one wobbles. I guess it's still early on in the total recovery.
Hi all, sorry if I have put this in the wrong place but I'm not sure how to link it under my thread.
I am 12 weeks post op and returned to work last week as school catering assistant. I did 2 hrs on 2 days last week and 2.5 on 2 days this week but I have been in so much pain after work and all...
Hypertrophic scar
I did some research online after my surgeon mentioned something about my scar that I didn't quite catch. Should of asked him but instead I turned to Google. Apparently by body has decided to go over the top with the healing and given me a scar that looks like a worm, my...
I was just reading your reply above and wanted to say please don't let anyone else's expectations be a factor. I realised early on that this was my journey for my future and I'm not rushing recovery to impress or appease anyone else.
Hi again, completely understand now why you are being advised to have it done. I had the same mentality as you, it was more important to try and get my quality of life back now that wait years down the line. I had a meniscus tear and had one quarter left plus grade 3 to 4 arthritis. 7 years...
Reading so many posts on here about shocking advice from OT's and physio's. I feel lucky that my physio was great and really positive but not pushy. I do think with some, and surgeons too, it's more about them showing off their work than doing their best to support the patient. There is no...
Hi everyone, I had my post op appointment two days ago. My surgeon has signed me off for another month so I will have 12 weeks off work altogether and then a phased return. I know I'm no where near ready to be back on my feet in a busy kitchen.
I drove for the first time yesterday, I drive auto...
Hi, I'm 50 and 7 weeks post op. All the medical staff have been telling me I'm going to have a replacement. I know a friend in his 30s that has just had an osteotomy instead of tkr, I am of the opinion and so was my physio and surgeon that it is not the best option (another surgeon recommended...
Hi all, I hope you are all keeping well.
I have been signed off for another 3 weeks, I'm so glad as I know I am no where near ready to be on my feet all day. I'm seeing surgeon tomorrow for my first post op appointment. I think things are going ok. Still can't do straight leg raise but...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.