Recent content by teejay1

  1. teejay1

    THR Mydogs Hippy Journey

    sounds great mydog! glad you are on the other side. as for the big business aspect hell isn't everything like that in this great country of ours. just got my hospital bill for my op. 46k sure am glad I have insurance!!!!!!!! but I am that the negotiated amount between the hospital and insurance...
  2. teejay1

    THR Mydogs Hippy Journey

    you are going to be soooooo glad when you wake up. I am 15 days post op now and it just seems like yesterday that I was just like you awaiting the surgery day and not being able to sleep the night before. you will do fine and now your journey to a new life begins tomorrow. god bless!
  3. teejay1

    THR teejay is finally on the other side!!!

    well my fellow hippies post op day 7. today took my last antibiotic still injecting the lovenox everyday. that is getting easier. my swelling is way down now. it is very cold her so I am not going outside, but I am feeling pretty good otherwise. just got pain meds refilled and that should take...
  4. teejay1

    scheduled but having doubts.

    well there will always be excuses. but reality is not so black and white. I made so many excuses over the past 5 years for not having the surgery. I scheduled twice and cancelled twice. finally after doing some extensive research and finding a very highly qualified surgeon and hospital I am now...
  5. teejay1

    THR teejay is finally on the other side!!!

    ok here I am post op day 5. still wake up not believing that I actually did it, but that bone on bone pain that I dealt with for 5 years is gone!!!!!!!!!!!! changed my bandage yesterday and took a shower. that was great!!!!!!!!!!! incision looks clean and good. my surgeon must have gotten some...
  6. teejay1

    hello there soon to be hippies

    Well I may be out of place posting here, I just felt compelled to post to all of you that are where I was less than a week ago. I know some of you are very nervous and apprehensive to say the least. You keep telling yourself that you really don't need to do this, that you can function without...
  7. teejay1

    THR teejay is finally on the other side!!!

    We all are good at sabotaging things that are good for us. Please don't put this off!!! Reach deep down into your courage well and find what you need. Once you get to the pre-op area you will find so many people focused just on you and you only. Someone will tell you that they are going to give...
  8. teejay1

    THR teejay is finally on the other side!!!

    Elaine! You can and must do this!!! I was probably the biggest chicken alive when it came to this surgery. I cancelled it twice and was looking for any reason to cancel it again. Please don't hesitate!! Do this for yourself and your family. Do it for a better life that you will most surely have...
  9. teejay1

    THR teejay is finally on the other side!!!

    Well here I am on the other side. 4 days now. Still can't believe it! Sometimes I wake up smiling. I am still somewhat stiff but getting stronger everyday. I get to shower today yeah!!!!! Wife will change bandage. Still waiting for a bowel movement. Wife went last night and got me some...
  10. teejay1

    THR teejay is finally on the other side!!!

    ok I will try that tomorrow because I don't want to start hurting from not going to the lou as the brits call it. I have had horrendous gAS , but nothing solid yet. thanks for the advice
  11. teejay1

    THR teejay is finally on the other side!!!

    well here i am the biggest surgery chicken on the planet 3 days post op. I feel a little better and stronger everyday. I sleep a little more every night. and since I had the lateral approach I was able to sleep on my non-op side last night. my biggest problem seems to be constipation. I am on...
  12. teejay1

    THR teejay is finally on the other side!!!

    my physical therapist came today he is wonderful. did not rush me to do anything, but was like a good coach encouraging me to get stronger and more flexible. I was able to bend my knees 90 degrees for the first time in years. believe it or not I used to kick box and was a green belt in Chinese...
  13. teejay1

    THR teejay is finally on the other side!!!

    well after years of suffering I finally pulled the trigger! I so wanted to back out again, but I took a leap of faith and I am glad I did. the ortho told my wife after the surgery tha my hip was horrible. bone spurs and bone fragmentations. she was amazed that I could even walk. I would have...
  14. teejay1

    surgery this thursday the 12th

    well d-day is almost here. I had a nightmare last night that I backed out again as I have twice before. I started my hip surgery journey last march was scheduled to have it on my birthday the 17th. then realized that I needed far more vacation time than I had so I rescheduled it till oct. then...
  15. teejay1

    had my pre-op today!!

    well one step closer. I had my pre-op today got an all conditions go clearance!! paid my co-pays and I have all of my meds already filled for after surgery on the 12th of feb @ 1pm. got to be at the hospital at 11:30 AM. everyone at the hospital GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER is extremely nice and...
Back
Top Bottom