Recent content by TDubb65

  1. TDubb65

    What are you doing to prepare for surgery?

    @Chihuahuan - I absolutely love Amazon Prime and use it all the time! I've been using their pantry service to stock up on bathroom and cleaning supplies as well as some dry food items. I put a question on my list to ask at the joint class this week about medications so I know what type of pill...
  2. TDubb65

    What are you doing to prepare for surgery?

    @Zelda - I was thinking about a mani/pedi w/no polish. You've convinced me to schedule an appointment! :curtsey: @Chihuahuan - Oh those PJ's look sooooo comfy, but I would need to find a good sale as well. The coconut oil is perfect though!! I use coconut oil a lot but usually the kind that...
  3. TDubb65

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Hi @New2Sue, I'm having BTHR about a week after you are. Nerves are to be expected! This forum is awesome though and I've already learned so much that my nerves are starting to settle down. Welcome to the Sunbeams - I'm sure we'll be in touch!! Warm hugs, Theresa
  4. TDubb65

    What are you doing to prepare for surgery?

    Thanks for all the feedback! I'm attaching a pic of my little crocheted phone holder, but I'm a bit embarrassed. I don't crochet much and I'm not good with patterns. I whipped this up more as a joke when my daughter raised a concern. But it does work and I think I will use it! Have a...
  5. TDubb65

    What are you doing to prepare for surgery?

    Thanks for the input Gimpy Gal! Good idea to make extra ice packs :) Josephine - you've given me lots of good stuff to read! Definitely some stuff in those threads I haven't thought of. Meanwhile, my youngest daughter is home this weekend and voiced her concern that I will be home at times...
  6. TDubb65

    What are you doing to prepare for surgery?

    All good advice Jen! Fortunately when we remodeled our bathroom a couple years ago, we had a walk in shower with a built in seat installed, complete with safety bar. We also now have a taller toilet. Last spring we had hardwood floors put in our main floor (raised ranch). So we inadvertently...
  7. TDubb65

    What are you doing to prepare for surgery?

    Thank you Nana! I'm in Wisconsin too :) I saw my OS on 4/20 and could have scheduled sooner but I wanted to wait until after my youngest daughter's 21st birthday. We booked a condo in Door County several months ago and have a big weekend planned. This will take place the weekend before my...
  8. TDubb65

    What are you doing to prepare for surgery?

    Hi all, this is my first thread. I'm scheduled for bilateral THR on 6/13 so I have just under a month to get ready for the big day. My mind is racing with things I need to do to prepare. Below are my lists. :flwrysmile: TO DO: Stock the pantry/freezer Clean whole house Remove rugs Pack...
  9. TDubb65

    accepting but terrified!

    I can totally relate! I've been dealing with hip pain for years but when my surgeon said I needed both hips replaced, I just started crying in his office. I felt so stupid, but I couldn't contain my emotions. He cut the appointment short, gave me some info, and told me to schedule a...
  10. TDubb65

    Bilateral pro's & con's

    I'm having anterior approach bilateral THR on 6/13. My surgeon gave me the option to do both or in stages. I decided to do both since he said the total overall recovery would be about 6 weeks less doing them both at the same time. I work in a small company so I discussed it with them before...
  11. TDubb65

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Hi Sunbeams! I'm scheduled for bilateral THR on Monday, June 13th, so I guess that makes me a Sunbeam. I'm looking forward walking this journey with all of you!
Back
Top Bottom