Recent content by TCB

  1. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    I am 4 weeks today post LTKR. I can walk pretty well around the house, and with a cane out of the house. Nobody told me that I could drive, but I’ve done it a few times. I went to get my 3rd Covid shot yesterday, and walked all the way back and forth to the pharmacy counter in a very large...
  2. TCB

    Knee Infection* Knee #2 Vent

    Your spouse is dead wrong I guess it’s kind of human nature for our spouses to get tired of dealing with us after a while. Mine was very supportive for almost 3 weeks. Now she says things like “you have to get up and move more to work through it”. And, your pain should be a lot less by now. She...
  3. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    I did speak to the surgeons nurse yesterday. She called to check on how I was doing. I told her about it. I go to see my surgeon on the 15/Oct. Hopefully the Mupirocin will have healed it much better by then. I apply the ointment and change the bandage, 3x a day
  4. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    The sore is on the back of my leg, a little beneath the crease on the back of the knee. My wife is helping me put Mupirocin cream and bandage on it 3x a day
  5. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    Thank you so much for sharing your experience
  6. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    Thank you it’s good to hear you say that. I stopped PT after Three sessions, I’ve been trying to do exercises at home, but then I discovered a sore on the back of my surgical leg. It has slowed down my exercises. I have to put ointment on it three times a day. As soon as it heals (hopefully) I...
  7. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    The sore I posted about in the beginning of this record, that I had on the back of my surgical knee got worse. I saw my surgeon, and he said it would probably go away in a few days. That didnt happen. It got worse, and opened up. I will provide before and after pictures. I ended up going to the...
  8. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    It seems that LDN lasts a very short time. Does this mean you have to take it every 4 to six hours? The medication I take is buperenorphine brand name Subutex, which has a half life of 24 to 48 hours. There is also Suboxone which has buperenorphine and naloxone. You need to be off the...
  9. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    Thank you all for the information. The near fall was pretty scary. When I missed my foot in the slipper I started to fall. The only way to stop my fall was to use my surgical leg to catch myself, and that hurt like all get out. I am a few days short of three weeks post op now, and I think things...
  10. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    I was wondering if anybody has forgone PT for doing exercises at home? I am on a fixed income, and can’t really afford the copays of PT. My knee works pretty good almost 3 weeks in. I walk around the house with a cane, and do some exercises that I learned the few times I did go to PT. I am...
  11. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    Was the LDN used for pain? Not sure I understand, but I’m glad you found something that works for you. Cheers!
  12. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    Thanks for the response. I think my slip caused me some more soreness. How is your pain and soreness 3 weeks later
  13. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    Sure, that’s fine
  14. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    Thanks Jockette, is it possible to change the Subject of this thread? Maybe something like My TKR experience 10 days post surgery and going forward
  15. TCB

    TKR My TKR Experience

    Had a little mishap last night. Got out of bed in the middle of the night to hit the head. I missed my slipper and slipped. I landed with the weight on my surgical leg, and hollered in pain. It’s sore today. I feel like 16 days after surgery was set back a little. I don’t think I did any...
Back
Top Bottom