Recent content by tawinoh

  1. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    Thank you everyone for your encouragement and support! Not having a good day today, really tired and depressed. Guess I have the Knee Replacement Blues. :sigh: My Knee is still really stiff, I know I've lost ROM, I'm not even walking as well as I was before they started the aggressive PT. It has...
  2. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    @Ellejay Thanks for your kind words and support. The pool in my neighborhood opens at the end of this month and I plan on using it, hopefully that will help like it did you. @71Beetle You're exactly right, I would never have questioned my doctor or PT had I not found this Forum! I can't even...
  3. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    @Mai5ie Thanks for the support, I think I made the right decision too. Its going to be tough but at least I can go at my own pace :)
  4. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    @BigBend I'm sure I won't be the poster child for a quick recovery either, but I think I can do better than PT did. I shouldn't say anything bad about my Physical Therapist, she was very gentle, never hurt me, she helped me a lot until my doctor ordered aggressive PT on flexion, her hands were...
  5. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    Thanks Josephine that's exactly what I think, it will get there.
  6. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    @Celle yes I've seen it but I'm going to look at it again and follow what it says. Thanks so much for your support:)
  7. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    Well I am happy to say that I stopped PT today, I couldn't take it anymore and it only made me worse, she couldn't even get more than a 90 degree bend. I told her I'm getting worse and not better and my knee needs to heal and the bend would eventually come. I really think she agreed with me but...
  8. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    @Celle She said if I refuse then she can't continue therapy on me, the place she works for won't let her. The 'head' PT that came to visit me today said I need outpatient PT, which is done at my OS office. He has an opt facility set up across the hall from his office. So I know not to go there...
  9. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    @Pumpkln @Celle Thanks so much for the support, I feel the same way about it as you, I feel I am doing good and progressing everyday. Even my regular PT over the last week or so said she didn't think I would need anymore PT after I saw my OS this week, that I was doing great. When she came last...
  10. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    Well I was going to change my Title but the nightmare continues! I am 1 month out as of today. I went for my 1st post-op appointment with my OS and he is not happy with my bend, it is 90, and is already talking MUA!!!! He is giving me 2 weeks!!! I have had a difficult recovery because I was...
  11. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    I am 2 weeks and 2 days out now and making progress everyday. The Nurse took the Staples out Tuesday, I was so scared it was really going to hurt but it wasn't bad at all, only a couple of them kind of stung. The incision looks good and is healing nicely. I took a shower today without...
  12. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    @maryo52 So sorry to hear you went through the 'torture chamber' experience too. I still have my right knee to do in 6 months and the worst thing I dread is the Hospital stay, that was pure torture. I'd love to have it as same day surgery. The first 2 days in the hospital weren't bad because I...
  13. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    Hi everyone, sorry once again for not keeping up with my posts, I'm either sleeping, in pain, doing PT, or laughing with my friend who's staying with me. But everything is going smoothly except for the Pharmacy giving my friend problems when she went to pick up my Percocet today. I take 2 pills...
  14. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    Hi everyone, sorry I haven't written in a few days. I am thankfully home from the torture chamber (hospital). My saving grace was my OS who came in for a visit the next morning. I told what was going on and he stopped them from putting the CPM on me again. But the damage was done I wasn't able...
  15. tawinoh

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    The surgery went great and the first couple of days were great. But now they've injured me on the CPM machine, it was so bad yesterday that I couldn't do PT. They keep putting me on the CPM, I keep telling them I don't want it but they force me to use it. They don't give me my meds on time so my...
Back
Top Bottom