Recent content by Taoquest

  1. Taoquest

    Bilateral TKR 2 TKRs in 2020, problems with 1"+ heels.

    I had Bilateral TKR almost 7 months ago. I found that my center of gravity had changed. I felt uncomfortable and a little unbalanced with my old shoes or anything with a heel. Due to my now straight legs, the biggest surprise was my body’s re-alignment. As part of my re-alignment, the...
  2. Taoquest

    TKR Muscle spasm?

    @Ghostpipe is right. I had Bilateral TKR 6 months ago, and had wondered if I was ever going to stop going up and down stairs like a toddler. Well, this week it just happened without effort. I felt that I had finally achieved my last big challenge. My recovery taught me that the Knee Gods are in...
  3. Taoquest

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral Knee Replacement-Ups and Downs

    6 Months Out of Bilateral TKR @Ghostpipe said This recovery really does take a year, but I found that things start to speed up from five months, and at six my strength really started to flood back. This also happened to me. As I stated last week, my dreaded Energy Drain is mostly gone now, and...
  4. Taoquest

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral Knee Replacement-Ups and Downs

    Almost 6 months out and my constant general fatigue is gone! And I am now doing volunteer work and I am so glad that I am now feeling almost “normal“. Still no knee pain and that’s a nice surprise. I have learned to cope with my back spasms by consciously not twisting and using my arm muscles...
  5. Taoquest

    Bilateral TKR Indigo_bunting’s BTKR recovery

    Yes, @ski_bum and I had surgery on the same day. it’s interesting how our knees have their own agendas – I’ve always called it a “mystery.” I think you’re doing great. Good luck at Physical Therapy but don’t let them push you into pain. More swelling is not good. I also used hiking sticks in my...
  6. Taoquest

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knee surgery 3+weeks out

    @Recvknee - Welcome to Bonesmart- lots of support and knowledge here. I don’t know how I could have coped without this site. Please read the journeys of other Bilaterals in the list that Jockette gave you. For me, the first two-three weeks were the toughest. Take all meds as prescribed, and...
  7. Taoquest

    Bi-lateral Knee replacement v Single knee

    There are quite a few of us here. If you go up to the white area above, press SEARCH FORUMS. Then type in KEYWORDS “Bilateral TKR”. Lots of stories and advice. Personally, I am so glad I did this. A little more involved, but only one recovery. I am now over 5 months post surgery, and doing well...
  8. Taoquest

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral Knee Replacement-Ups and Downs

    @BBCG has written about magnesium gel. I found it on Amazon: Ancient Minerals Magnesium Lotion Ultra with MSM Pure Genuine Zechstein Magnesium Lotion Supplement for Topical Application (5 oz)
  9. Taoquest

    TKR Back with the other one!

    @SDkate, I can relate regarding scars. At my age, I have quite a few, and not just the two knees. They are like a roadmap to my life, with each telling a story. I can see myself one day saying “That ain’t nothing! Look at this one - it happened when…..”
  10. Taoquest

    Bilateral TKR Indigo_bunting’s BTKR recovery

    What the…? 10 days out and they’re having you do squats? Only pain and swelling can come from that. When I quit PT, my swelling went down and my ROM increased, all on its own. You can’t bend a swollen knee! For me, daily activities and walking heel to toe was enough, until I was ready to...
  11. Taoquest

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral Knee Replacement-Ups and Downs

    Yeah, in the hot tub I get into all kinds of weird positions - the jets on my upper right hip, then each knee, and finally the bottom of each foot to mellow me out. I get some weird looks, but I smile and say it’s therapy. Luckily I’m usually the only one there. In the pool, I’ve noticed no...
  12. Taoquest

    Bilateral TKR Indigo_bunting’s BTKR recovery

    Sounds like you’re making great progress, @Indigo_Bunting! I remember when I took my first shower after BTKR, it was slow, awkward, but so worth it. Made me feel human again.
  13. Taoquest

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral Knee Replacement-Ups and Downs

    5 Months Out of Bilateral TKR Progress continues slow but steady. My stiffness is mostly gone, and my gait is leveling out. I am still in the pool everyday for an hour, walking and some swimming with my short fins. Maintaining heel to toe gait and balance in the water was a little challenging...
  14. Taoquest

    christopher_car Bilateral Pre Op Journey

    Before my surgery I swear I needed a whiteboard to keep everything straight! For me, some things (primary care exam, some bloodwork, any referrals to a specialist for the OK), could only be done less than 30 days before the procedure. There should be a point person at the OS office you could...
Back
Top Bottom