Recent content by Tan

  1. T

    THR 7 weeks and feeling miserable

    I wanted to share my story in case it helps. I was 51 when I had my replacement in September, I considered myself strong and active up to 4 months prior to surgery, hiking with the dogs, doing dog agility. So I went full force into the exercises after surgery and after 3 days I had agonizing...
  2. T

    THR questions about Hip replacements

    I didn’t feel like I had good balance to carry anything until 4 weeks and a box that might block the view of my path at least 6 weeks and no more than 10 pound. I would not have been comfortable to drive longer than an hour until 6 weeks you will need to break the drive up lots and preferably...
  3. T

    THR Tan’s Anterior THR recovery

    Thank you, I love that feeling of team work with my dogs.
  4. T

    THR Tan’s Anterior THR recovery

    Thank you, it has been so hard for my mum, I feel sad for Mum as she wants her old life back, she is so sweet, she tries to remain optimistic and positive about the care home. She says the nurses there couldn’t be nicer but she wants her independence to come and go, it’s just not safe. She...
  5. T

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    I am 6 1/2 months out and I have suffered glute pain since surgery, I have come to terms to the fact it is part of my healing process as my body gets stronger. I am able to do so much more than before surgery and the pain is different than before surgery, bearable 0 - 4 depending on the day. As...
  6. T

    THR Tan’s Anterior THR recovery

    I wanted to do an update to encourage those who maybe going through a tough time mentally or physically. In January, shortly after I did my last post I flew to England as my Dad was diagnosed with esophagus cancel. I was going with the thought that I would be looking after mum and dad as he...
  7. T

    THR Tan’s Anterior THR recovery

    Hi Layla Happy new year to you too, things are looking up for my health, the medication for the neurological issue is working, I am no longer rigid and shuffling when I walk and I feel more normal now. So the anxiety is gone. I have glute pain sometimes but I have it in both hips/buttock so I...
  8. T

    THR Tan’s Anterior THR recovery

    Hi @Layla My neurological appointment got cancelled because the specialist was sick but I saw him on Thursday, he has put me on a medication which is supposed to help with the rigidity in my arms and legs and weakness so time will tell if it works or if it’s just my recovery that is slower or...
  9. T

    THR My husband’s hip recovery

    So sorry to read about the loss of your beautiful dog, its very painful to loose one so young and unexpectly. I hope your husband continues to improve.
  10. T

    THR Tan’s Anterior THR recovery

    Hi Layla Thank you for thinking of me. I'm more active now but I'm still having difficulties with leg and arm weakness, I see the neurologist on Monday. I think it could be anxiety causing or contributing to the problem as when I am anxious and have not slept well the weakness in my body and...
  11. T

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    Danelady I'm so impressed with your resilience for all you have been through and your sense of humor. I can't believe you drove the truck with a dislocated hip, I know I would not have the mental strength to do that. Here's hoping there are no more dislocations in your future.
  12. T

    THR Tan’s Anterior THR recovery

    Thank you eman85 and Layla, I do think the deep water running may have contributed to the glute pain, this Wednesday I will take it a bit easier and float more. The last week I was also putting together needlework supplies orders for my business to send which involves a lot of rotating on my...
  13. T

    THR Tan’s Anterior THR recovery

    Thank you Layla for taking the time to answer my questions and sorry that I did not let you know sooner I have had a rough week. I still get tired very quickly and my leg is often stiff and sore. My glutes have been hurting and the tension stretches down to my toes which I would like to rub but...
  14. T

    THR Tan’s Anterior THR recovery

    Another question I have is has anyone used a recumbent stationary exercise bike? I am thinking of getting one to build muscles up in my legs as my legs are thin. I also need the aerobic exercise as I can't make it into the park every day to walk the dogs, depending on the weather and if I'm...
  15. T

    THR Tan’s Anterior THR recovery

    It’s been 9 weeks since anterior hip replacement. I saw the surgeon on Monday at 8 weeks which was officially the 6 week follow up and he said it was ok for me to drive now and to go to the pool for exercise. I forgot to ask him when I can have a bath and when I can sit on the ground or kneel...
Back
Top Bottom