Recent content by TAlex

  1. T

    Revision TKR 4 knee surgeries

    Hi! I was thinking about that myself.My second surgery, which was a patella realignment, was unsuccessful because he didn't tighten the ligaments. He said he didn't think it was necessary, but after he saw that my knee cap was still malrotating he was going to do another constructive surgery...
  2. T

    Revision TKR 4 knee surgeries

    I meant to ask if anyone heard of the mobile bearing piece causing instability after knee replacement? I tried to find some research on it, but I had no luck.☹️
  3. T

    Revision TKR 4 knee surgeries

    Thank you for your replies. They did a nerve test a few months ago and that came back normal. When I swim, I use breaststroke and I don't seem to have problems with it. It's a pretty big swimming pool but I am not sure what the size is I do 15 laps (back and forth is 1). The doctors recommended...
  4. T

    Revision TKR 4 knee surgeries

    Hello Everyone. Well, now it's been a year and a half since the last surgery and I am still walking with a cane. I can't really hold my weight on that one leg, every time I stand, I have to keep constantly shifting my weight from one leg to the other. It's very tiring. I have been going...
  5. T

    Revision TKR 4 knee surgeries

    Yes, I can lift my leg, hold it for 10 seconds with 6lb strapped to my ankle. It feels strong until I try to walk. Sometimes my knee locks in, won't bend when I take a step and I have to catch myself so I won't fall over. It's really horrible and very depressing. I might have to go back using...
  6. T

    Revision TKR 4 knee surgeries

    Thank you! I have to look into the other types of scans you mentioned. I think that's a great idea. thank you for your support!
  7. T

    Revision TKR 4 knee surgeries

    My surgeon requested a new MRI and a nerve study after I had my follow up visit with him. The results all came back normal and once again there was no indication that there is anything wrong with the surgery results. I exercise everyday and go for a half a mile walk. There is no change in the...
  8. T

    Revision TKR 4 knee surgeries

    Thank you for responding and for sharing your story!
  9. T

    Revision TKR 4 knee surgeries

    Thank you and thank you for sharing your story!
  10. T

    Revision TKR 4 knee surgeries

    Thank you very much for the advice. I also tried to take some short walks using one cane but it was very difficult since I couldn't take a "normal" step. Unfortunately, I lost my motivation because it was such a bad experience. I was hoping each day it would get a little bit easier, but it...
  11. T

    Revision TKR 4 knee surgeries

    Thank you Layla. I will keep you posted. My last surgery was on 8/15/22.
  12. T

    Revision TKR 4 knee surgeries

    Thank you for the quick reply! I had 3 different surgeons. One did the meniscus repair, the second did the patella realignment and the third did the last 2 surgeries. I did PT for 3 months and now I do my own exercises at home. I even started going to the gym but it's not easy to move around...
  13. T

    Revision TKR 4 knee surgeries

    I had an unstable knee for a few years so I decided to see an orthopedic surgeon. He said I had a partial tear in the meniscus and he operated on me in November 2020. My symptoms didn't improve and an additional MRI showed that the real problem was that my kneecap was sitting in a very shallow...
Back
Top Bottom