@Susie-Q, thank you for the bump!
@Jamie, thank you for your response! There are so many new aches, pains and clunks that come with this surgery that it’s hard to know what is normal and what to be concerned about. This site is a lifesaver! I think I’m going to try to be more aware of what my...
@Susie-Q, this is something that I just noticed while sitting at my desk working. I naturally pull my feet back under my chair that way while I work and because my ROM has increased so much it's easy for me to do it with my new knee, and I did it without even thinking about it. It doesn't hurt...
9 Week Check in
Overall, I think I am doing pretty well. I met with my surgeon last week and they don't want to see me again until next September! They did not take xrays, which I thought was unusual compared to others here. My ROM is good at 0-130. I have been riding my spin bike for 30...
No kidding! I’m not sure how this even happened! But, on a positive note I am going to be retiring at the end of December. I will return to work on 11/1 and then will only have two months to go!
@Susie-Q , thank you for the birthday wishes! Somehow being 60 sounds Much older than 59! I’m going to have to get used to this. Congratulations on walking up the stairs. It’s silly how excited I was about it. I did not have any resulting pain! So, yay for that. This morning I walked down the...
Thank you! My initial surgery date was cancelled and rescheduled, so I had several months before my surgery and worked very hard to build my quad strength. I bought a spin bike that I rode several times per week and also did glutes and legs classes multiple times per week. I think this is...
6.5 weeks update
Two weeks ago we drove to our second house that is a 3 hour trip. By the time we got there, my poor knee was stiff and in soooo much pain. I iced right away but I limped around for a couple of days. Today we drove back home. When we pulled into the driveway, I hopped right out...
@patriciad Thank you! That's just what I'm going to do. It's nice to hear that you had the same guidelines as me with the 3 months wait and no antibiotics.
I'm only attempting exercises recommended for my current week. But, obviously I'm not ready for some of them and will try again next week.
On a positive note, as I have now reached 6 weeks PO, I was able to have a bath. It felt like heaven to have a nice, long soak. :)
Thank you! Once I adopted the Bonesmart philosophy of No Pain, everything got so much easier. My PT wanted me to do exercises 7-8 times a day and to really push it to the point of pain. Because of this group, I said no way to that. I started doing just a couple of key exercises once a day and...
Today is Week 6!
My ROM is very close to 130 as long as I am stretched before measuring and my extension is getting closer to 0 but is not there yet. Overall, I think I am doing well but am struggling with all the things others post about daily. I have good days, where I then tend to over do...
I finished my in home PT on the 24th with 106 degrees ROM and have decided not to go to outside PT until after I have gained my complete ROM. The last thing I want to do is start working on strength while my knee is still sore and healing. Today I measured at 120 and 0, so it looks as if that...
Week 4!
The way I felt the first two weeks, I never thought I’d make this far! Yesterday I had to go to a drs appointment for something unrelated and then had to go to the dmv to get my temporary handicap card for my car. Our dmv has been relocated to the mall for some reason and there was not...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.