Recent content by Sybilla

  1. S

    TKR Update

    As long as we're naming names, do not go to the bottom of the list, despite his title and the (renowned) hospital... And Iorio belongs to the same elite (read "arrogant") group although his PA is really good. Smith may be an outstanding "framing carpenter" (my new knee sports a very sturdy...
  2. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    Just came back to visit this forum because my one-year "anniversary" from right TKR was last week (4/29) and I wondered if anyone here might be helped by a report from one of the 20% with a pretty tough recovery. The good news: I rode my bicycle with minimal pain Sunday, even uphill on really...
  3. S

    TKR Update

    Hey Doc, it's been a while, but I'm back to see how you are doing and maybe offer some encouragement. I'm finishing up month 9 and I am finally walking with minimal limp and completely tolerable pain. I still can't walk fast without pain, but at a sufficient pace to get where I need to go. Mind...
  4. S

    TKR Update

    You are absolutely right, there are plenty of ill-informed, overly aggressive PT's who are sure they know everything there is to know about knee rehab (without needing guidance from a doc), and I don't doubt that your surgeon was the saving grace in your recovery because he understood the...
  5. S

    TKR Update

    Hi Doc, I'm just catching up after a while away and I'm SO glad to hear your wife's results were ok (I know it's old news to you but not for me...) And I'm hoping that you haven't posted for a bit because things are a little better? Maybe backing off of everything (including PT) that hurts has...
  6. S

    TKR Update

    Hi Doc, sorry it's been a while, and very sorry to hear about the worry and long wait to hear about your wife's health. I know exactly what you mean about this thing of yours that that is consuming your life suddenly falling of the map when you take it in perspective. But I have good news - and...
  7. S

    TKR Update

    Hi DOC - I'm new here on week 23 of a right TKR (surgery date 4/30/19) and it was your headline that caught me - PAIN has been my near-constant companion starting with a constant, traumatic level as soon as the block wore off (at home). BTW I saw your photo and we have the same leg physique even...
Back
Top Bottom