Recent content by swimlikeafish

  1. swimlikeafish

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    Thanks Poppet I may well visit the new years party. By the way I'm feeling so fit I applied to join the RAF reserves as a Logistics driver and they were really interested in me until I mentioned about my hip then they cast me aside like a worn out shoe. Their loss.
  2. swimlikeafish

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    Hi All, Can't believe its been 8months since I visited this site and posted, Naughty me. Hi to the moderators and Hi to those whose may remember my whines and worries and Hi to those newer people. I hope all those other hippies from 2012 and earlier this year are getting on well with their...
  3. swimlikeafish

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    Sorry Josephine, my typing has been even worse than normal since breaking my finger so sorry for the bad english and the waffling on. On the morning of the surgery, the surgeon asked me if my finger was painfull to which i answered no not much at all, Ive been swimming, doing housework...
  4. swimlikeafish

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    Thanks Poppet, sissy and josephine too for your concern too. I will let you all know what happens with my hand and let you know what they say. I have managed to refrain from going back to A&E so far and I am waiting to hear from them as I have a follow up sometime this week. Obvoiusly if...
  5. swimlikeafish

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    Gymrat, thanks for the hug and support. It sounds like you are doing very well for 6wks. At that stage I was only just allowed to walk with one crutch. Keep building up your stamina and you will be out on the trail very soon. You will be pleasantly pleased that the old hip pain has gone when...
  6. swimlikeafish

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    thanks josephine, i think i will go in the morning. The fracture was already displaced hence the need for k wire under general. i will let you know how it goes. many thanks.
  7. swimlikeafish

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    About my broken ittle finger. I had surgery 9 days after the acident. I don't know exactly what the've done as my hand is heavily bandaged and I have a metal splint going from the back of my wrist across the back of the hand and over the top of the finger and back round the other side to my...
  8. swimlikeafish

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    Nice to hear your story gym rat. I presume your had surgery in Jan so wouldnt go just yet. I would try some day walks and build it up from there. I think you will be fine as long as you keep your pack light and dont aim for too much distance too soon. I cant wait to get outdoors too. Be carefull...
  9. swimlikeafish

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    Thanks Bottomshollow or should I say Judy. I had my apointment at the frature clinic today a week after the accident, The dr said I need surgery on my finger to have a plate or wire put in. They have planned it for Friday morning. I also asked him about my hip as my femur is far more painfull...
  10. swimlikeafish

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    Thanks guys, yes could have been a lot worse. Hip is more sore today but still functioning ok. I think I'm a little paranoid. If I had done something serious to it I'm sure I would know about about wouldn't I ?
  11. swimlikeafish

    struggling with small muscles

    If your leg is strong enough to carry an extra 3 stone its problably stronger than you think. As well as concentrating on the strengthening exercises, if you manage to get some pounds off you will naturally feel lighter on your feet and you r leg will feel stronger. Keep trying don't give up...
  12. swimlikeafish

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    Listen to this if you've had a bad day. On my everyday cycle commute home from work about 11:30pm last night. I caught my right hand on a metal post going along the Thames towpath which is there to stop motor vehicles entering I presume. Handle bars spun round, I went flying splash into a huge...
  13. swimlikeafish

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    Hi all, its been a while so thought I would pop in and say hi. I went back to work at wk9 and now its wk14. Things seem to be doing ok. I've got more movement in the hip than I've had for 20yrs. Still a long way to go with ROM though I'm not rushing it. I'm managing the cycle to and from work no...
  14. swimlikeafish

    THR a different kind of hipster

    Hi Eater My surgery was the same day as yours. I'm going back to work this Monday. I've been off work since August as I had a back problem caused by my lack of movement in my hip. Its going to be a shock to my system. My job involves a six mile cycle, then driving all day and unloading a tonne...
Back
Top Bottom