Recent content by SweetV

  1. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    @Layla Thank you! It has been a lot tougher than the last one and have been trying really hard to make progress. Everything I am doing is irritating my SI joint and its painful. There have been some really hard days. I am walking and stopped using the cane but ended up going back to it when...
  2. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    I'm doing well. Some days aren't great, but I know it will be okay in time.
  3. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    @danelady thank you so much! I havent been on here in a few weeks. Its easy to get discouraged, but i try not to. As of yesterday, I have almost like those zaps...but around my knee. Not sure what is going on, but I am pushing through. Thank you for the wonderful words!
  4. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    Update- I am now back in my apartment with just me and my daughter. It is taking some adjusting. The first day was rough. I don't really have a comfortable place to sit other than my desk chair. I get up every 30 minutes and walk around and ice a few times a day while laying down. I can make...
  5. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    I dealt with friends and coworkers last year when I had my right hip done. Everyone told me that I would be up and running (some meant that literally) by 3 weeks. Needless to say, that didn't happen. It left me feeling like I had failed and disappointed. With this surgery, I have set no...
  6. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    @Jaycey I wish I had another option, but I have to work. My Job is very accommodating, but I have time off scheduled later in the year that I have to take at that time. It's really not disruptive if I find the right place to sit and get up often. I was guilty of not resting when I should though...
  7. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    @hopnfox That is the perfect way to describe it....Lightening! So painful and no rhyme or reason to when they would occur.
  8. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    @Layla Thank you so much. Those "zaps" were SO painful! They have subsided for the most part. I ended up taking medication for the nerves, which I don't "want" to do because it makes me so sleepy and out of it. This one is definitely more challenging than the last one, but I will take it day by...
  9. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    @Mojo333 thank you. I didn't experience this last time and it's scaring me. I'm laying here with all kinds of different sensations in my entire leg...but the pain last night was horrible. I started working again and have to sit up for a bit, so wondering if that caused it. I appreciate the...
  10. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    @Layla Has anyone experienced nerve pain and numbness before? Last night I had the most excruciating shooting electric zap like pains in my thigh and it literally made me scream. The front part of my thigh into the groin area is numb as well. The nurse said it was normal and I took meds, but it...
  11. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    @Layla Thank you! Had the surgery Tuesday. I did have to stay overnight this time because I had some nerve pain. Came home (to my mother's house) Wednesday. The nerve pain is slowly subsiding. Last night discovered that my nerve block was bleeding at the entrance site and had some blood in the...
  12. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    @Caison113 Thank you so much for the encouragement. I think I was "babying" my hip and that is why I felt like I didn't need the 2nd one done. I was wrong! However, I am looking forward to being able to walk those long distances again. @Layla @ladyj Thank you so so much! It is greatly appreciated!
  13. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    @Layla Thank you so much! So, my date has been changed to next Tuesday, the 25th. I was supposed to have my surgery at a new "Surgery Center" and I don't think it is ready. My date was changed, and then they changed me back to the hospital that I was at last year. I am actually comforted by...
  14. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    @Gloucestergal65 thanks for sharing. Mine has progressively become worse this last year. ( Wondering is associated with working from home) I am struggling to find the right chair to sit in. It amazes me how this type of thing could go unnoticed or not mentioned. I am going to take this one...
  15. SweetV

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    @ladyj Thank you so much. My first one went well. (I also wasn't aware that there was any trace of scoliosis) This left hip doesn't hurt like the right one did before surgery, and at the moment, I don't feel like I am compensating in any way. If anything, I still rely on the left side from doing...
Back
Top Bottom