Recent content by Sweetheart5

  1. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    I just had three MRIs. The knee showed a post operative horizontal tear. The back showed severe herniated discs. Not sure what to do with this information but i am in more pain now than i was before the hip replacement surgery
  2. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    Good news. My back improved after lying flat three days with ice! I went to my Sports medicine Dr. Who is highly regarded. He wanted to give me an adjustment but i told him not today; but he believes that my hip replacement will heal but my back needs adjustment thats the issue.
  3. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    That sounds very bad; I was worried that maybe they did something on the table because my lower back and knee didnt hurt this much before the THR.
  4. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    Are you saying something happened during the surgery that the surgeon grabbed my knee during surgery?
  5. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    This site is such a Godsend! Jaysey; no I don’t want to ho back to my knee surgeon that did my knee because i ended up with an infection with him and I wasn’t happy with him. Then I fractured my Tibia during PT. Because she was working me too hard with the knee. This was three years ago! I...
  6. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    I felt like I was making progress with my recovery and i did something really stupid! I bend over from my waist to pick up something out of laundry basket and my back went out completely! So much pain; I’ve just been lying flat on back with lots of ice! I can barely walk. Im recovery from...
  7. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    I had a meniscus repair done on my right knee Laparoscopically three years ago. I developed an infection that didn’t get into bone; however during PT I fractured my tibia. I have nerve damage from knee down to my foot. I am Nine weeks post op from my right hip replacement and my knee is in more...
  8. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    Layla, If i want to talk about my knee pain from a laparoscopic surgery. Should I change threads.
  9. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    How many weeks after a right hip replacement have you been able to drive. Its six weeks post op for me and I still don’t feel comfortable driving! My right knee hurts too much. I had no problem driving before the replacement!
  10. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    Thanks so much for the encouraging words. The fact that my left hip is perfect; I will take your advice. Thanks; it has been so helpful to find everyone on this site who have been through the same experiences. I am going through. Thanks! ‍
  11. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    My concern is that before my surgery even though my back hurt I didnt walk with a limp at all and now after this hip replacement im walking with a limp. It was done anterior approach. The surgeon told my husband that this hip was more difficult than the first hip because there was more muscle...
  12. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    Eman, Did you have back issues also?
  13. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    Layla, I can have patience but this is not anything like when i had the first hip replacement on my left hip. I wasn’t walking with a limp before the surgery and Im in more pain then before the surgery. My sports medicine dr out here adjusted my back because it was out of line two weeks ago.
  14. S

    THR Knee pain and numbness from knee down

    Thank-you for your helpful tips. Everything you say makes sense. When you hear stories about people who are totally perfect after six weeks and in no pain whatsoever; or go back to golf and driving and work after three weeks; it makes you feel inadequate and like Im not doing enough.
Back
Top Bottom