Recent content by SuzHelga

  1. SuzHelga

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    11 days from second hip surgery. This one is named Hector. Staples out on Thursday. Second photo is Helga from several years ago
  2. SuzHelga

    THR Waddle

    How long has it been since your surgery?
  3. SuzHelga

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    This is when staples came out. I think it looks great
  4. SuzHelga

    THR Waddle

    I seem to have developed a bit of a waddle since I did too much and am now paying for it. I’m resting my hip and not doing things (like chain sawing tree limbs and pulling brush out of tangled messes) I’ve learned to be more careful. I’m back to using my cane to also give the hip some relief...
  5. SuzHelga

    THR Waddle

    My left hip was replaced.
  6. SuzHelga

    THR Waddle

    My surgery was May 29, 2020. I was up and walking the hallways 5 hours after surgery. No pain. Very little pain meds. I think I took 2 pills (opioids) the whole time. I then took Tylenol if I needed it. PT was great I did very well. I think I became very cocky as a result. I’m now...
  7. SuzHelga

    THR Waddle

    Thanks. I kind of figured I had been over zealous with my activities. I’m in the recliner now, head hung low, with ice on my hip. I’m pretty active ,but I’ll rethink bungee jumping and hiking Everest this year. Lol
  8. SuzHelga

    THR Waddle

    Right after the surgery and PT I was doing great. Probably too great. I’m thinking I’ve done more than I should because now I’m experiencing pain in my upper thigh when I walk . I had no pain previously. Is this normal? After resting the pain is gone up til I start walking. My concern is...
Back
Top Bottom