Recent content by susie2f

  1. susie2f

    TKR Susie’s recovery thread

    Roy, thanks for reply. That’s what I was thinking too. My right knee is pretty bad too, so I thought it best to get it done now. Shorter, by harder, recovery. I’m ready!
  2. susie2f

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    So happy to hear you’re slowly getting better. Hopefully the steroid cream gets rid of your rash soon. Nice that OS was happy overall with your progress, even though you’ve had a set back with blisters and rash. Try to stay as comfortable as you can. If you’re not up for PT this week, cancel...
  3. susie2f

    TKR Susie’s recovery thread

    Looks like my 2nd TKR will be next week on the 15. I wanted to have them close together so I can rehab them at the same time. Hope all goes well on my next knee,
  4. susie2f

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    Wow, what a change in your leg. Hopefully the new meds help clear things up. Glad that you’re seeing your OS today, maybe they’ll have answers. Though those socks might have played a roll like you thought. Hone things improve quickly, keep us posted
  5. susie2f

    TKR luvcats recovery box

    That was a funny story about you talking in the hospital. Loved your response about being a chat bot, hilarious. I don’t thing I was lucid enough to be that sharp. Good for you! Your seated elliptical sounds so nice. You’re getting some good leg motion with that. I only have an exercise...
  6. susie2f

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    So sorry to hear about your terrible itching and reaction to the glue. I’m glad you got in there and they took off the bandage. Keep taking your Benadryl. Hopefully yesterday will be your last Saturday check in with them... You start your PT this week, right? Take it easy for a bit, you’re...
  7. susie2f

    MUA Steelergal's Recovery Thread

    Well you’re still in the early days. Patience is a really hard part of it all. I’m so sorry to hear of all your bruising, kaleidoscope leg. Again, just hang in there through these tough days. Rest, ice, elevate, repeat! I found tying a cloth grocery bag to my walker allowed me to carry...
  8. susie2f

    TKR Susie’s recovery thread

    Thanks luvcats for the reminder that it’s only temporary. I of course thought, oh what fun having hubby and grandsons around to help. It is nice and all but not as enjoyable as I thought it would be. My UTI is much improved thank goodness. It has been a long week dealing with it all, but...
  9. susie2f

    TKR Susie’s recovery thread

    Fitgal, right with you through this recovery. If only my brain would sharpen up a bit to read, oh well, rest time Jeffjob, yes I now set a timer for every 30 min. to go to bathroom, ugh! luvcats, like you reading is out right now, but I’m watching TV and on my iPad, no streaming here, I’m...
  10. susie2f

    TKR Susie’s recovery thread

    i can’t believe it’s taken me so long to check in after my surgery. It’s really hard some days to stay focused and all. I’d been doing well overall my first week home. Slow going but making some progress. Of course just when I think things are looking pretty good, I end up with a UTI. I had...
  11. susie2f

    TKR for second time

    Hey, we’re “twins” with both getting LTKR on July 23. We’ll be on the other side in a few more days. Hopefully you’ll post over there and we can talk about it all. I’m finishing last minute stuff, slowly most of the time. My bag is ready for Tuesday surgery... Susie
  12. susie2f

    The count down is on

    Thinking of you and hope all goes as well as it can on Monday. I’ll be joining you on the other side one day later. Hugs, Susie
  13. susie2f

    4 days until #1 TKR

    I’m really sore these days without my anti inflammatory meds, I’m not sure how you all did it the last 10 days or so. Moving much slower and doing a lot less than usual. Looking forward to my surgery just to get back on some pain meds . I’ll be on the other side soon, with many of you...
  14. susie2f

    2 Weeks to go

    Thanks everyone for all your encouraging words. Hopefully this old girl will get through all this with a smile on my face after some time. Just the thought of one day walking up and down stairs normally sounds wonderful. I’ve missed out on lots of family reunion activities through the years...
  15. susie2f

    2 Weeks to go

    So last night I dreamt that I was turned into a robot along with my family. It was scary trying to get away from the bad guys who were programming us. Wow, I guess I’m a little more concerned than I thought. Thanks for the replies and support. I’m definitely ready now, but have to wait 12...
Back
Top Bottom