Recent content by Susie-Q

  1. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    I forgot to add, he's also had a few bouts of stiffness in the past week or two. Prior to the latest outdoor project from the last 2 days. This is a sign of overworking but also perfectly normal. The fatigue is still hitting hard some days too. He's back to staying up late and sleeping late...
  2. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    5-1/2 weeks Post-Op Well, hubby is getting tired of sitting on his butt and is working on 2 new projects, with help from me of course. One is painting our son's old room (to be the new guest room) and the other is buying more mulch for the front yard. I've given him lots of warnings to take it...
  3. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    Do you mean use ziplock bags for getting ice on the airplane? Will the flight attendant give us ice for this purpose? Or should we bring those instant ice packs that you break and shake? Just a quick update, Hubby is driving himself to PT now, which is great. He's down to 1 oxy only in the...
  4. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    Thank you for posting this!!! I refer to this a lot in my brain but when it comes time to find it quickly, I can't. I will definitely share with hubby. #2 is the one that sticks with me the most. It takes TIME for those bones to heal!! TIME, TIME, TIME and there's no rushing it!!! Thanks...
  5. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    Thanks, @Layla !!! :loll::loll::loll:
  6. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    Well, here we go...... Hubby is cutting back to 1 oxy every 12 hours AND is increasing his PT exercises and activities and guess what? He's hurting! He's added a couple of sessions on the recumbent bike and amazingly later that day or the next day he's got some new pains in his knee. I told...
  7. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    Post-Op 3 weeks Hubby continues to do great. We went to his post-op with the PA last Thursday. She was very impressed that he's bending as much as he is. We did learn at that appointment that in addition to needing antibiotics whenever he gets his teeth cleaned he'll also need them when he's...
  8. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    Post-Op Day 14 Last day of compression hose! Well, his PT isn't as happy with the Lounge Dr. She doesn't like the fact that it has that bend and keeps his knee in a slightly bent position. She'd rather it force his knee to stretch while flat. He's still using it but is scooting the cushion...
  9. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    Post-Op Days 9, 10, 11,12,13 Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I've been very busy helping my son move out of our house into his new apartment. Steve could not help and our daughter is still in New Zealand so it came down to me to help him. We had 3 of his high school buddies help with the...
  10. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    It really is amazing! I keep comparing my recovery to his and I know we're not supposed to do that! I do think that the way the surgery is done these days has improved, even in just 5 years. Better alignment via the robot? :shrug: I have an older friend who has an 85 year old male friend. He...
  11. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    Post-Op Day 6 & 7 Yesterday was a busy day starting early. Hubby's first PT appointment at 8am. I ran to the grocery store and then picked him up. We dropped off our ballots and a bill at the post office and went to the Dept of licensing to get his wheelchair pass and then to the pharmacy to...
  12. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    Well, whatever he's doing on the bathroom front was successful! 1 Dulcolax 2x/day, prune juice and Smooth Move tea yesterday. Hope this helps someone else!
  13. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    Post-Op Day 5 Well, I have to say I think hubby is doing very well. He must have a higher tolerance for pain than me. He's actually changed to taking only 1 oxy every 6 hrs. As we know, every recovery is different! Time will tell on how well this works. He started the new regime last...
  14. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    Thanks, @Layla :blush: He's determined to get better, that's for sure! I'm amazed he hasn't needed more than a few doses of 2 oxy at a time. He's only taking 1 every 4 hrs. He's even thinking ahead to how to shift to every 6 hrs but not quite yet. He also hasn't started PT. Hopefully he...
  15. Susie-Q

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    Post-Op Day 3 Hubby had a very busy morning. He shaved, took his first shower and even trekked out to the garage (3 steps down from the laundry room) to gather some drinks and snacks from our garage cupboards. I was right there with him and he did really well. Had to remind him of "down with...
Back
Top Bottom