Recent content by susanne

  1. susanne

    Revision TKR Unbearable Pain 24 hours after

    Hi. I had my 6ty replacement in September a new knee. Once the nerve block wore off I knew I was in trouble ( wrote about it so many times). Now experiencing terrible hip pain snd was dx with bursitis. Didn’t have these problems last TKR (also in city at NYU Joint Disease) any my hew surgeon...
  2. susanne

    PKR Pkr date 11/29 and leg numbness

    I worry about swelling because I didn’t have these issues with my other knee replacement The fact that my reflexes are going crazy dr prescribed a muscle relaxer to ease the pain I’m having from my hip ( revision, dislocated another surgery ) the fact that my knee hurts from my hip to ankle...
  3. susanne

    PKR Pkr date 11/29 and leg numbness

    I had my tkr in September. About a month after my ankle and foot swelled so badly. Had Doppler testing saw vascular doctor all came back negative for clot. Now exactly 3 months later swelling so bad my leggings are too tight on that leg. Seeing surgeon Friday. Never had this with my other knee...
  4. susanne

    TKR 2 months out new pain

    You would think that by now I would have this down pat! But now having so much trouble with my ankle. Despite the fact that it hurts so bad, swells when I wear shoes , it’s now turning black and blue Is this normal? Too many changes And on top of everything else dr wants to wean me off pain...
  5. susanne

    3 years of pain, having it done again in 12 days time

    Oh my, I had a similar situation. Had a hip revision dr said perfect candidate Complained to him for 3 years, clicking, getting stuck among other issues Last straw was dislocating my hip in a room fulllof children while teaching Had another surgeon fix it in 2010 and was able to dance out of...
  6. susanne

    TKR 2 months out new pain

    Here we go again. 3 steps forward 5 steps back. I’m now 2 months out from my tkr Besides the fact that my calf was as hard as a rock and my ankle so swollen I had to see vascular dr. No clots. He recommended compression stockings ( which hurt more after wearing them for a couple of hours) Heat...
  7. susanne

    TKR 2 months out new pain

    Thanks. I think I’ve read over 100 books this year . I think that when I elevate leg feels a little better, but then I get up walk around and the swell goes right down to my Shreck foot! But I’m getting there. Much better than the last tkr 7 years ago. thanks for your support
  8. susanne

    TKR 2 months out new pain

    Thank you all again for your support . Even though leg feels heavy I’m continuing to ice and elevate. but….. still hurts….. hoping this too shall pass. And again don’t know what I’d do without BoneSmart. Your continued support, suggestions again always helps to ease all by my fears Now if...
  9. susanne

    TKR 2 months out new pain

    Appointment was today Dr not too concerned about swelling and tightness in knee because my range of motion is good He suggested to wrap on ace bandage or use compression hose. He also called me back in to his office to look at my leg in light. He’s looking for cellulitis (which I had with my...
  10. susanne

    TKR 2 months out new pain

    Definitely. Appointment Monday. Crossing my fingers for good news!
  11. susanne

    TKR 2 months out new pain

    I realize that. Seeing surgeon on Monday Thanks
  12. susanne

    TKR 2 months out new pain

    Thanks for all your responses Glad to know I’m not alone. I just don’t remember having this pain in ankle at all.
  13. susanne

    TKR 2 months out new pain

    Hi Jamie, I know they do a lot of maneuvering with leg but the swelling I have seems a bit too much I’m wondering though, since I forgot I fractured my ankle and was in a boot a few years ago . Also this is the same side I had my hip replaced (2x( Waiting to hear from dr Thank
  14. susanne

    TKR 2 months out new pain

    Thanks all I’m not so sure if my fractured ankle has anything to do with this, unless they manipulated my leg in a weird position. I have appt with surgeon November 5th but I’m hoping to see him sooner But in the meantime I text with PA every day with my list of “hurts” To be continued……..
  15. susanne

    TKR 2 months out new pain

    Thank you all for the suggestions. Surgeon keeps saying it’s normal but I don’t remember having my lower limb so swollen It’s getting so unbearable and the pain is so intense But the good part is knee doesn’t hurt, just everything else does Calling surgeon tomorrow Thanks again
Back
Top Bottom