Recent content by susanlondon

  1. susanlondon

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    I'm surprised to find that I've posted only 3 weeks ago...it feels like forever. I'm still battling the overworked knee and worrying that I've compromised by recovery. I've cut back on activity...haven't been on my road bike since my last post, have cut back on exercising, trying to give my knee...
  2. susanlondon

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    :cry::cry::cry:I have completely resigned myself to the idea that I've done too much too soon. At thirteen weeks, I'm back to sitting with my leg elevated and crying about the pain of pulled, strained, sprained muscles and tendons in my left leg. I haven't been on my bike in over a week, haven't...
  3. susanlondon

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    I feel like I've pulled/strained/torn every muscle in my leg. The pain travels from one place to another depending on the day and time of day: behind the knee, middle of hamstring; upper calf; lower calf; side of knee, etc. I've gone back to using a crutch for support, so I'm not wincing so...
  4. susanlondon

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    I'm wondering about the prevalence of pulled muscles around the knee and generally along the leg at 13 - 14 weeks post op. I've been struggling with what seems to be pulled or strained IT band (I've read the articles posted about this on BS) several weeks ago. I let that heal, staying off my...
  5. susanlondon

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    Thank you, both, Pumpkin and Josephine. The story of the gentleman who has the chronic condition has put the fear of God in me. I am going to back off on farm work for a few weeks and hope that my swollen knee will subside. I also began icing again, which I had slacked off on doing as much as I...
  6. susanlondon

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    I have posted under another thread but am unable to open it for well over 12 hours, so I am posting on another thread. I hope to hear from some Smarties about this issue. I am 12 weeks post op from a LTKR. My arthritic stinging waves of pain are gone -Hallelujah!- and so is most of the soft...
  7. susanlondon

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    Feeling impatient today due to still having unaccounted for stiffness popping up several times through the day. At 9 weeks post op today, I am riding a paltry 3.5 miles on my road bike, spending time several times a day in my pool, gently kicking as I paddle round and round, doing PT exercises...
  8. susanlondon

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    You pegged me to a T, as my mom would say. I am extremely "hard" on myself, but I am also a very active woman who has a lot of energy. The recovering knee has certainly slowed me down, but hopefully, all will be well as time goes by. I can empathize with your man. I, like you, wanted to know...
  9. susanlondon

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    Wow! How are things going? I live alone, so no one to really count on to do stuff around the house. Friends and family were wonderful, but others have a life of their own and they need to live them. I often thought about how having a partner/spouse, etc, would make things so much easier...
  10. susanlondon

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    Thank you, patient 99 and tired wife. I will await a reply from referee. I have been back on my road bike for mini rides for the past two days. Last night, I rode 1+ mile; this morning, just shy of 2 1/2 miles. A little more each day will hopefully bring me back to my former ride (14-16m)...
  11. susanlondon

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    My post today is to inquire about ROM. At eight weeks post surgery, I am at 113 on my own. My muscles feel too tight, both quads and hamstrings, to get a better bend (or is that permanently formed scar tissue?) My PT will assist, if I let him, to get more ROM, but I am too sensitive to his...
  12. susanlondon

    TKR When does the PAIN stop???

    Hi, jwando-Long time, no write, as I've been busy trying to regain some semblance of a "normie" life just shy of seven weeks post op. I read your post sbout the infection and upcoming MUA and subsequent posts and felt moved to respond, if for no other reason than I understand your sentiment...
  13. susanlondon

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    I spent Friday resting after a pretty strenuous PT session with some new exercises that weren't impossible, just different (strengthening) from my former sessions, which focused on flexion. I was advised to rest for the remainder of the day and only take what has become an almost daily ritual of...
  14. susanlondon

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    I am feeling quite blue today...5 weeks post op and although the pain is not quite so "ouchy," it is still prevalent. My PT suggests that with PT 3X a week, I may be doing too much on the off days (exercising 2X a day-5-10 mins of not quite full rotations on the bike, calf raises, knee bends...
  15. susanlondon

    Total knee replacement?

    I spent approximately 12-15 years investigating my knee issues, including arthoscopy to remove decrepit cartilage, Synvisc to simulate added synovial fluid to joints, cortisone shots. All attempts were good for a while. Have you looked into any of these protocols?
Back
Top Bottom