Recent content by summertime

  1. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    @alexthecat Thanks for the info. I have been doing those, but not #4 and #5. In the pool I have been lifting my leg up, like a high marching step when I am walking. My nonsurgical leg has small fractures and when I do too much I suffer a few days, so I try not to do the same as I do my...
  2. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    @Jamie Thanks for moving my thread. I didn't know how to find the old one. :)
  3. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    @Josephine Thanks, as always, for the information. I am walking in the pool every other day a few laps each time, up to 6 times. Are there specific stretching exercises that might help, in the pool and out of the pool? Another question, I understand if you don't have an answer, how long might...
  4. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    @younghippie I am sorry you are having a hard time with steps also. You are two months out from your surgery hopefully it will get better soon. I seem to continually get better each day. I however had surgery six month ago and am still feeling minimal pain and mostly a tight pulling feeling...
  5. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    @alexthecat I believe he was talking about the angle at which the ball is going into the socket, not the angle of rotation. I had limited range of motion before surgery. The doctor stopped my PT because of the pain it was causing my left hip.
  6. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    I had TRHR Anterior approach January 16h, 2014. I have been having a hard time recuperating. I used my walker until March and started using my cane around the house and sometimes walker. In May I started walking in the house some without my cane. Now I am not using a cane in the house. I have...
  7. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    @drahdrah I am glad you are getting along so well. I sure hope you get that walker in the closet next week! :) I will be glad when mine goes there too! I will be on my walker for another four weeks at least. Hopefully he will let me off by then. You have every right to be tired after having 2...
  8. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    @sandee I stopped taking Hydromorphone last Thursday and I now used Tylenol time release 500mg if needed. I haven't taken anything in a couple of days. I was doing this more before I started walking more, so I guess I need to get back to those exercises. I have only done this once today. I...
  9. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    @drahdrah Today is going real well!! I am walking every hour. I have a checklist and check off every time I walk. I have always loved using my checklists, I get to see what I accomplish in a day. This is the first day that I have used a checklist since surgery. Yay!! Miss having someone...
  10. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    Thanks @Badhips @Moppet @Vetgirl @drahdrah @charmed-life @Jaycey @MajorHeidi @Josephine for all of the advice and encouragement. I haven't checked Bonesmart lately and I just read a lot of your comments tonight. I just wanted to give an update. Most of you told me baby steps are good and to...
  11. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    @Badhips I can't imagine the pain from two hip replacements! I am glad you had no restrictions! I had anterior approach with 50/50 weight bearing and no strength training, just walking. Since I posted this thread, I am walking better, still with pain and using a walker. I am taking toddler...
  12. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    Thanks @Jaycey you helped ease my mind. Good advice :)
  13. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    @Josephine I am having severe level 10 pain,during the night, my foot on the operated leg hurts on the top bony area below the toes and above the ankle. It is a burning, cramping pain, when I move my foot it hurts more. It is hard to stop the pain when it starts, sometimes my husband rubs it...
  14. summertime

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    1. what are your pain levels right now?(remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. Anddon't compare this with the bone-on-bone pain you had before surgery! @Josephine My pain level varies depending what I am doing. Sitting: Most of the time it is 0-2, but when I...
Back
Top Bottom