Recent content by Stuckinbed

  1. S

    TKR Lark's Recovery Thread.

    Hi lark Haven't slept since April 29th it seems. Up all night. I nod off for 15 to 20 minutes here and there. I do not look forward to night time. Hang in there.
  2. S

    TKR 10wks post TKR

    I think you're doing great. I'm 10 weeks out. Took me 15 minutes to walk around a block! Then couldn't move for 2 days.
  3. S

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    Hi Rubywhitesocks I had tremendous pain and swelling in my foot also. While I expected knee pain having that kind of foot pain concerned me. My surgeon told me that a lot of manipulation of the leg takes place at the foot and ankle. My foot and ankle hurt for a good month before it went away...
  4. S

    TKR Stuckinbed's Recovery Thread

    Stick with this program. I was told by PT I would never walk correctly if I didn't reach a certain ROM number by week 6. I was devastated because it was very close to 6 weeks. So I pushed my knee to where it did not want to go. I physically and emotionally broke down. The pain I gave...
  5. S

    MUA A little worried

    Stick with this program. I was told by PT I would never walk correctly if I didn't reach a certain ROM number by week 6. I was devastated because it was very close to 6 weeks. So I pushed my knee to where it did not want to go. I physically and emotionally broke down. The pain I gave...
  6. S

    TKR 6 days out Dr. witholding pain meds refill

    I'm not sure what the problem is regarding pain meds but I have the same problem. It's a battle getting a refill. Seems that you have to be totally out before you can get a refill. Then it may take a couple of days to get a new refill. To be honest, I have only been dealing with the office...
  7. S

    Bilateral TKR Recovery Diary

    I have that hypersensitivity also. Can't put a thing on my knee. It has lessened a bit but still bothers me. I like your description "tight and weird" regarding your knee. Couldn't of said it better myself.
  8. S

    TKR Help

    I am leaning in the direction of no PT. My last few days on BoneSmart protocol has really given me a rest from bad pain. Its still there but I can cope. I am able to see a kinder way to take care of myself.
  9. S

    TKR Help

    I'm so sorry. It's been 5 weeks since my TKR and slowly things get better. 3rd week was no picnic. Everything hurt. My heel..my shin..my thigh..my insicion. By finding this forum I found the best way for me to get through the recovery.. I think you could be doing much. I was pushing...
  10. S

    TKR Stuckinbed's Recovery Thread

    Hi, I am new to this forum. I am 6 weeks out from surgery also. I am in the same predicament: afraid to sit in a chair because getting up is painful. Sometimes I can walk. Sometimes I struggle. I keep long pants on just so I don't see my horrific scar. Everything hurts. Putting pants...
  11. S

    TKR TKR left

    Hi, I am new to this forum. I am 6 weeks out from surgery also. I am in the same predicament: afraid to sit in a chair because getting up is painful. Sometimes I can walk. Sometimes I struggle. I keep long pants on just so I don't see my horrific scar. Everything hurts. Putting pants...
Back
Top Bottom