Recent content by Storygirl

  1. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    You are going to be so happy with this. And I love that you set your sights high!! I do too, it has always served me well. You are doing ALL the right things. I also used oils before the surgery and directly after. I've uploaded the protocol in case you're interested in that. It's was hard for...
  2. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    @hellysully I'm so happy I've encouraged you. It was truly the best decision I could have made. It took me a long time to make it and I just kept wobbling. Mostly because I had 3 surgeons tell me not to do it! I'm not sure why, perhaps because they don't do them? Two of them said to do one and...
  3. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    Hip2BGone, I'm doing both. I do a water exercise class with weights that includes laps. It's the best! It's a huge really deep pool so I'm constantly moving my legs to stay afloat. I think it's helped more than anything! My doctor said swimming at 6 weeks was ok.
  4. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    Actually it's 8 weeks today :). My surgery was May 8. And biking is on a recumbant bike, just wanted to clarify. I've never been able to ride a regular bike because of back issues.
  5. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    I never used a wedge pillow! With this device I didn't have to. I have been sleeping on my left side about 3 weeks, altho I go back and forth from side to back several times a night it seems. The first few weeks I piled the pillows up so my knees and feet were both up. That seemed to help. The...
  6. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    @Alitm, hi! Doing great. Swimming 3 times a week. Stopped PT for a few weeks because I went somewhere that made me feel worse instead of better. Starting again this week with the PT who focuses on strength instead of stretching. I feel that is what I need right now. For some reason the...
  7. Storygirl

    THR BeBe finally!!!

    @BeBe, me four! (After Layla, Mojo333 and anny!! ) Praying for you! And btw, I too had a bad PT visit but am TOTALLY babying my hips now. Just walking, the very best ️
  8. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    Thank you Layla. I love the balance board and will probably invest in one for home. Another thing I found to help me sleep was a wedge pillow. It made a big difference. I was actually able to sleep on my side until my time with the PT last week. Now my hips have a burning feeling when I turn...
  9. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    @Layla, can I send you a photo of the board? They sell them on Amazon. They're called Rocker Boards, or stability boards. Also, the stretch that the PT had me do that was so painful was where youlay down, bend your left knee, bend your right let and set your right foot on left knee. It wasn't...
  10. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    Hi @ Layla Yea, think I’m gonna lay off the PT stretching. I really was doing just fine without it. Hard to know sometimes. I actually do like the recumbent bike and balance board. They were more strengthening than anything else. May go back to that therapist. But I am doing great. Swimming is...
  11. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    PT QUESTION- I’ve now been to 2 physical therapists (that’s another story). One therapist did the exercises like stationary bike, balance board and matching, etc. Because I had some discomfort on one side he did some deep massage in the IT band area. The next day I felt great. The other...
  12. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    @Mojo333, you are so encouraging! I got to encourage a friend yesterday who is in almost the same position I was before surgery. She is in so much pain- and amazed at how fast my recovery was. She’s now going to see my surgeon to get all the info. I told her about the forum ️
  13. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    Had a great time at the wedding! Wore some stacked heels - no problem! Wow, that’s sure a change from before the surgery. Every day I thank God I did this! Great day to you all today.
  14. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    Thanks @jaydub, I did get wedges! Off to a beautiful party!
  15. Storygirl

    Bilateral THR Swimming and PT after THR in first 3 months

    Thanks Mojo. I like the idea of “kicking them off under the table”. Will remember that!
Back
Top Bottom