Recent content by Stiff knee NC

  1. S

    Metal Allergy kimberlyg's Vanadium and Titanium allergy

    @kimberlyg: Hope you’re still on this site and that I’m posting this message in the correct location. I’m very interested in how you’ve been doing these past 2 years (hope you’re much better!) since you and I have the same metal allergy problem. Curious as to what you’ve done and who you...
  2. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    I am hoping you can give me feedback for what I consider my last attempt to help alleviate tightness (scar tissue?) and pain in my left knee. It's been 7 years since my TKR. Tried everything. Had a revision in April '22. Even tho the OS cleaned up a "lot" of scar tissue, it ultimately did not...
  3. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    @Jamie: Surgeon does not have any suggestions. He said he would go in and break up scar tissue, and he would give me an injection. Whichever I prefer. Guess I need to go see him again and get clarity. And become a BS Insider! Thanks!
  4. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    @Jamie: I posted (or thought I posted) an update a few mos ago but never heard anything so I probably didn't do it correctly. Hope you are well! I just passed my six-year mark and am wondering what BS says about getting steroid injections to break up scar tissue? I'm able to walk for 45 mins...
  5. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    I got to 120 (eventually) after both the initial knee replacement and the revision. Multiple x-rays and 2 MRIs show that the implant is fine. A tight, swollen feeling is what got me into surgery in the first place. Before surgery I got it after standing for abt 45 mins. Now, post two...
  6. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    no, even early on the dr and PTs said I was bending too well to recommend an MUA. I asked and asked. My range of motion took a lot longer to get where it’s supposed to be, but it was juuusst good enough to rule it out (shrug).
  7. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    MAU? Not sure what that means… Do you maybe mean MUA (“manipulation under anesthesia”). I never had to get a (MUA)…my range of motion was always pretty decent.
  8. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    I think of having a scope Every. Single. Day! May write a message to the Duke dr to see if he would do that/think it would help me. @Vida: was going through my thread and remembered that you had a scope back in October (I think). How are you doing? Did it help? I sure hope so! Would love to...
  9. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    no, I haven’t experienced most of those things…no noise from my knee, haha, no problem going from sitting to standing, no rocks/marbles feeling. I wish I knew what is causing BOTH of our problems! I’d wave a wand and poof! No more pain, tightness and odd feelings. Sigh. So frustrating. I AM 4.5...
  10. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    @demps: I’m doing ok! Hope you are, too! I walked 45 minutes yesterday. For the past year or so I’ve been keeping my exercise to 30 mins….but I’ve increased it and it doesn’t cause me any additional tightness/pain. I WAS hurting some last night tho. The tightness/pain is right in the front...
  11. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    Thanks, Jamie, for your clarification! I will dig through the massive amount of paperwork I have related to my knee to see which lab, specifically, in Chicago did my testing.
  12. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    @demps: that's where I had mine done—at the lab in Chicago.
  13. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    I’ve thought of everything (haha) including injections. But my dr said they don’t do injections in a “new” knee…and I never asked when a “new” knee becomes an “old” knee. (My implant will be 5 year old in August).
  14. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    @sistersinhim: your comment made me think! The Duke dr I went to that did the skin patch test strongly said that the skin patch test was THE definitive test to determine nickel allergy! You can see my confusion… What no one can tell me (and probably no one knows) is WHAT causes me to make SO...
  15. S

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    I had my revision in April 2022, so almost two years ago. I had the “tight band” feeling ever since my August 2019 knee replacement. I’d tried EVERYTHING, got multiple opinions, etc. Most doctors said they thought getting a patellar “button” (getting the knee resurfaced) would help. I thought...
Back
Top Bottom