Recent content by stevethedream

  1. S

    Fixin' My Wheels

    I do need to give a hearty shout out to Bottomshollow for her great list of med equipment used at home during recovery...very cool!
  2. S

    Fixin' My Wheels

    well, i have a big change in plans...the os for my thr (posterior approach) scheduled for 3/25 insists that i enter rehab for a week after surgery...i have decided to talk with an os who does the 'anterior approach' in the hopes it will expedite and simplify (less pain, movement restrictions...
  3. S

    Fixin' My Wheels

    hi folks..thr is 25 days away and my latest fixation is medical equipment i may need post op-recovery. How do i know exactly what equipment i may need? How do i arrange for equipment like a hospital bed, walker, supplies etc....what about the stuff that medicare doesn't cover like elevating...
  4. S

    Fixin' My Wheels

    Please accept my sincere thanks to all of you who responded...especially jamie for those great articles..i read all of them...After some reflection I am so grateful to have this opportunity to regain my mobility...thanks to all of you for your help and support...I look forward one day to...
  5. S

    Fixin' My Wheels

    Hi everyone... my name is Steve from Las Vegas. I am scheduled for a right THR on March 25 and as the famous quote goes, "[this] is the best of times and the worst of times." The best is that in a few short months I will be back in action and the worst... well, I feel totally unprepared and not...
  6. S

    March Musketeers 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery in March?

    hi everyone...my name is steve and my hip replacement is scheduled for march 25...cant wait to have it done but i do have lots of questions regarding cost (i am straight medicare so there is the copay), possible leg length disparity after surgery, what med equipment will i need...and more...but...
Back
Top Bottom