Recent content by Stargazer

  1. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    Hello, gang. One Year Down today! The hip is great. I can tie my shoes (last time I was this pleased with that accomplishment, I was about three), clip my nails, lower myself into a kayak and clamber out without thinking (much) about it. I'm still paying for habits slowly developed as the hip...
  2. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    BarbaraR, DesignerGirl, et al! Sorry for any concerns my absence may have engendered. I *AM* doing great, and I just got tired of rehearsing my piddly*ss trifling bothers (shingles indeed! I have the most minor episodes of those anyone ever saw; they come, they go). Rewarding as it is visit...
  3. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    Oh, I think some, most, or all of my early itching came from the Percocet. But it's been 3-4 weeks since I took anything stronger than Tylenol, and now I have these characteristic itches and red rashes brought out by even slight irritation from clothing, hot showers, etc. It's very familiar from...
  4. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    PT ended a couple of weeks ago and the tingling/numbness is one of those "revealed" things -- didn't really notice it while there were bigger fish to fry. It responds to massage, so I'm thinking that someone who really knows how to work it could probably help if it gets to be a real problem. I'm...
  5. Stargazer

    THR One year up-date

    Deeply appreciate the cautionary note, LarryG. I am 6 weeks out and decidedly overconfident. Bookmarked, noted, almost memorized -- I need to dial it back a few notches!
  6. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    If it's not one thing, it's another. None too bad, but they do keep the mania ("I can walk!!") in check. First, now it's a mild outbreak of shingles. No, really, very mild. If I dress in pajamas ("lounge wear"), keep the shower dialed down to lukewarm, and keep the mind busy (easy enough as long...
  7. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    Yesterday I said to my better nine tenths, whoa, I'm going to need some help with the nails on my left foot, so she surprised me with a pedicure today. I thought we were just running some errands. It's akin to the overkill that led me to spend ten enthusiastic minutes on the exercise bicycle...
  8. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    One month and a few days out, things are pleasantly boring about recuperation. Which is to say: not much to tell, but since I've started blathering on about it, might as well keep on. A little too much itching (coconut oil, long recommended, is finally on its way), and a little too much variety...
  9. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    Like I'm going to get more sleep this morning anyway? Went ahead and prepped the color data, such as it, only for you<g>. Hit the same link and scroll down. Amazing how much more detail in M106 becomes apparent: ruddy gas and dust clouds, old starlight near the center of the galaxy glowing as if...
  10. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    Thanks, Guys. LuluOhio: about 45 years. Really. But the technology changes so radically from time to time that one essentially starts over every decade or so and brings forward some core set of skills that are only approximately applicable. In the beginning there was Tri-X, then High Speed...
  11. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    Good luck on Monday. Concentration remains a bit of bear for me, even on things I really want to be doing. Speaking of which, as of the last two nights, I am back to earning my monicker. The latest from the backyard observatory: https://www.davidcortner.com/slowblog/20130309.php Enjoy!
  12. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    Oh amen to all of that. Just amen. I, too, worried about how to do all those PT exercises that the drawings show being done on the floor. Then I realized they could be done in bed without the gymnastics of getting down to the ground and back up again. Also, life is easier because there's been...
  13. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    I don't know about this "inspiration" thing. It's just that there are a few jobs here that have to be finished by the end of each month or there's no pretending to be in business. I had to ramp up from 2-3 hours at first (one week post-op, when I could only get maybe half an hour's billable...
  14. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    Portrait of the patient within sight of normalcy: taking all things slowly, the promised land is in sight. I am so pleased to tell you that it's easy at this stage to simply forget that I've become slightly bionic. The hip just feels a little sore; it's felt worse after a hard day's bicycling...
  15. Stargazer

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    Things are going well, but... the novelty is wearing off! Coming up on 3 weeks post-op. It's been less painful, easier, not quite as inconvenient, and an all-together better experience than I expected. But I am over it. Enough. I'm doing my best to act as though I merely have a sore leg that...
Back
Top Bottom