Recent content by Stanno23

  1. Stanno23

    THR one week post op

    Will be 4 weeks this Wednesday and just had my first full night's sleep last night!!! I know a lot of people don't advise PT, being pretty fit before the op I've now lost a lot of muscle down my right leg, I know it's still early but when's a good time to go back and start building up the...
  2. Stanno23

    THR one week post op

    @Layla yeah chilling watching football ⚽ all day great excuse this hip replacement Feeling really good just now (apart from sleep) I know it's early and not everything's straight forward but promising progress, SO glad the old pains away been a long time coming roll on 2019 when I'll be at the...
  3. Stanno23

    THR one week post op

    @Mojo333 no don't tell me, I've got a cbd tea bag to try tonight see if that gives me some relief
  4. Stanno23

    THR one week post op

    When will I get a full night's sleep???? 2 and half weeks in and I'm feeling good I've stuck to exercises (which I thought would be tough because I was so fit before I thought I would push myself too far too soon) I've cut down on painkillers now and still icing regular throughout the day...
  5. Stanno23

    THR one week post op

    @Alitm thanks for the advice the bags of peas go down a treat! Are you hopeful of getting back to doing everything that you done before? Yeah can imagine recovery won't be straight forward nothing ever is!
  6. Stanno23

    THR one week post op

    Yeah I've been icing my whole leg today the swelling has went down a good bit so hopefully couple of days and be back to normal
  7. Stanno23

    THR one week post op

    @JoeKnows Nice one mate, don't think there will be too many of us, Yeah my surgeon said he enjoyed the op as my muscle tissue etc was strong and healthy (no offence to the older generation lol) Feeling better as the days go on, looking forward to the weeks ahead
  8. Stanno23

    THR one week post op

    My ankle because its swollen
  9. Stanno23

    THR one week post op

    Yeah taking aspirin for blood thinning, OK was just wondering because I forgot to ask when I was in hospital
  10. Stanno23

    THR one week post op

    So got the all clear on the blood clot front to go back next week for another ultrasound to be on the safe side. Does anyone know why I haven't been given compression socks to wear? When I got key hole done on my hip last year I had them for 6 weeks, the only thing I can think of is because I...
  11. Stanno23

    THR one week post op

    @Jaycey I am on dihydrocodeine and ibuprofen just now, ibuprofen around 3 a day and dihydrocodeine 30mg taking 2 of them around every 4 hours which is probably more than prescribed as I'm basically up for 20+ hours a day. when I left hospital I was given cocodamal but they don't do anything...
  12. Stanno23

    THR one week post op

    Yeah icing throughout the day but after elevating my thigh is always sore
  13. Stanno23

    THR one week post op

    hi everyone, i had a posterier THR done on my right side a week ago There has been some pain come and gone but this morning was the worst i've ever felt (tears) my leg had swollen obviously but it started to go down 2 days ago but my ankle has now balloned up so last night when i got my 2...
Back
Top Bottom