Recent content by Sqrlvr

  1. S

    TKR Starting week 3 post-op: interesting developments

    Hi, Leeja and thanks for your concern! I have looked at the blasted limbs, extended out on a flat surface and you can see a slight out turn from the knee to the foot. The right leg is straight. But I need to get the right done in the new year so have worries I'll be knocked kneed after both...
  2. S

    TKR Starting week 3 post-op: interesting developments

    Hi, Ellen in Oz! So nice to know someone is reading this thread and cares enough to respond. I really feel ungrateful because I have done so well - yes, I was able to stand to take a shower fairly early on but have a bench in there so if need be, was prepared to sit just to get clean. The towel...
  3. S

    TKR Starting week 3 post-op: interesting developments

    Ok, here goes...I hope someone will read this and recommend a course of action...I'm not sure how to handle this. I am finishing Day30 since having a LTKR on Oct 15th. Had a horrible hospital stay and first day at home but have done real well, with the usual ups and downs, since then. Last...
  4. S

    TKR Starting week 3 post-op: interesting developments

    Oops! Doggone IPad! 5) Activity level has been more than I should have done, I'm afraid. I have helped in the kitchen but for no longer than 15 - 20 mins, done a it of laundry as well as folding, take a standing shower for about 15 mins and have been up the stairs to our office once this past...
  5. S

    TKR Starting week 3 post-op: interesting developments

    Hi, Josephine...first, thanks for setting me straight on the blog posts and merging my two...I now know the etiquette! This morning (Sun, 3Nov) I'm on my CPM, morning coffee and iPad in hand. Yes, I have been doing too much!!! And I paid for it Wed night last and last night. So will be much more...
  6. S

    TKR Starting week 3 post-op: interesting developments

    So things went pretty well during the two weeks post-op after first two days of hell, with pain management working and PT being effective. Yesterday, had my follow up visit with my OS who was quite pleased with progress and said I'm good to go. Went ahead and booked other TKR for late Feb...
  7. S

    TKR Starting week 3 post-op: interesting developments

    Thought I'd log in with an update...after two hideous days after surgery, the challenges being hospital care and lack there of, a no pain meds ride home of one hour, peeing comfortably, pain meds tweaking, lack of appetite and painful PT, I can report all is going swimmingly on Day 8. The...
  8. S

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread.

    Oops! Sorry, must have been the percocets! Regardless, I still hope you are doing well 4 months out... I hope I'M doing well 4 months out!!!
  9. S

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread.

    scaredinCA...I want to cheer you on too, having just come into the other side. Hope all went well! My advice to add from my surgery on Wed is don't take any stuff from the hospital staff. Aides can help with the potty and nurses can give the meds...they are there for YOU! AND, if it doesn't go...
  10. S

    TKR Starting week 3 post-op: interesting developments

    Hi all...you guys are SO helpful! I LOVE this thing called the Internet because I can connect with folks like you - the Real World - and get practical info. A True Blessing...the day today started a bit rough with pain: took a dilaudid at 5 AM but by 8:30, was in pain so took 2 percocets. Did...
  11. S

    TKR Starting week 3 post-op: interesting developments

    Thanks all...so nice to be able to communicate with people who KNOW hat you are talking about. I really. Looked forward to hearing your responses. The OS's office did prescribe, initially, 2 percocets for pain every 4 hrs which didn't work. now it's dilaudid every 4 - 6 hrs as needed with the...
  12. S

    TKR Starting week 3 post-op: interesting developments

    I am home from LTKR done this past Tues, the 15 th. I went in pretty prepared, having read this site, spoken with some folks who went in for the surgery and all. The surgeon came highly recommended and I, too, had no choice: wheel chair or procedure. The last two days have been hell on earth for...
  13. S

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Sqrlvr here...will be having surgery 15 Oct, left knee...going in, surgeon will try to do a partial but may decide to do total if pretty bad. Knee went south after I dislocated my patella in college accident and have had to deal with it since...40 some odd years. Finally decided to do it...yes...
Back
Top Bottom