Recent content by Springsmom83

  1. Springsmom83

    TKR May 28, 2014. Springsmom83

    This week would only be in a therapy pool, water park is about 10 days away.
  2. Springsmom83

    TKR Post-Op Struggles

    I am desperate to, I wound up with staples today (6 weeks out from surgery) so that I can begin to do some in a therapy pool.
  3. Springsmom83

    TKR May 28, 2014. Springsmom83

    Biggest reason is my son. I have not seen him for a year, he will be here 3 days, and going to a water park is what he wants to do. The place that has not totally closed is at a spot where it takes a lot of stress from bending. The reason he put staples in was to take the stress off. He said...
  4. Springsmom83

    TKR May 28, 2014. Springsmom83

    I went in for my 6 week check today, my doctor was very happy. So much so that he told me he wished he could bottle some of my desire to recover to give to other patients that are weeks to months behind me because of their fear of trying. My extension is 0 (actually I can hyperextend much to...
  5. Springsmom83

    TKR May 28, 2014. Springsmom83

    Interesting conversation with my doctor. He said ice no more than 15 minutes out of every hour. Any more and you are running the risk of frostbite and tissue damage. Any thoughts?
  6. Springsmom83

    TKR May 28, 2014. Springsmom83

    Wonderful day! I can go upstairs like normal (but slowly) as of today and I hit 91 degrees. I gained almost 30 degrees in a week. Improvement has come quickly for the last couple of days. Thanks to all for your support and advice. Josephine, I can take 1000 mgs and I cannot tell any...
  7. Springsmom83

    TKR May 28, 2014. Springsmom83

    I did talk honestly with my PT today. He said "I TOLD you that, for the next 2 weeks ALL of your activity would come from physical therapy. Outside of therapy, SIT, ELEVATE YOUR LEG, AND ICE ". So I have myself to blame for being unable (unwilling) to wait. But it doesn't hurt, it just gets...
  8. Springsmom83

    TKR May 28, 2014. Springsmom83

    I was doing heel slides, therapist asked me to basically do nothing but stretch at home, I would be doing plenty with him. Yes, it does get stiff and swollen, that is improving every day. Pain MAY hit a 2 in the middle of the night, otherwise I may notice a mild ache and go back to think when...
  9. Springsmom83

    TKR May 28, 2014. Springsmom83

    1. My pain level is generally a 1-2. It bothers me more at night. 2. I am prescribed oxycodone/Tylenol, 5/325. I may take 1-2 every 4 hours. I take 1 at bedtime and 1 when I wake up during the night. Otherwise I take 400-600 mg. Ibuprofen when I think about it, usually about 1200 mg in 24...
  10. Springsmom83

    TKR May 28, 2014. Springsmom83

    My OS didn't use staples or sutures, just dermabond and tape. The tape came off on Thursday today it just appears that there is a little spot seeping where a scab came off too early. I finally gave up and put a band aid across the spot. Therapist wants me to do light stretching of calf, hams...
  11. Springsmom83

    TKR May 28, 2014. Springsmom83

    Thanks everyone. Has anyone else had problems with blood seeping from the bottom of the scar line? I had had none, not even while taking blood thinners. Today I have had a fairly steady seep at the very bottom, at exactly the spot that I have a bruise.
  12. Springsmom83

    TKR May 28, 2014. Springsmom83

    Thank you to all. It is comfortable, stable, but swollen. Walking feels good, bending NO.
  13. Springsmom83

    TKR May 28, 2014. Springsmom83

    Ok, I will be a week out officially this afternoon. 0 degrees is totally doable, quad lifts are good, etc. However the therapists are fussing about my flexion. At present it is 63-65 degrees. The knee feels tight and warm, I ice as much as possible. Should I be at 90 degrees already?
  14. Springsmom83

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Here is my newest "creative tattoo". My doctor used the existing scar from meniscus surgery in 1975 and PKR in 2003, I have nicknamed it the zipper.
  15. Springsmom83

    TKR JoJo's Musings

    I am really thinking that I LOVE my OS. He either uses a femoral nerve block with general anesthesia OR a spinal with sedation for surgery. Prior to closing up he uses a delayed action, long acting, pain injection in the knee. He told me that it takes about 6-10 hours to take effect and...
Back
Top Bottom