Recent content by spring7799

  1. S

    TKR New here - post op Day 6 and uncontrolled pain

    Thank you so much for the advice! I appreciate all the kind help. The pain is in D/LF3. This is where I'm getting sharp pains at night, where it hurt the most during any PT and where it still hurts each time I bend it. The therapy he's recommending is aqua PT . My insurance won't cover it so...
  2. S

    TKR New here - post op Day 6 and uncontrolled pain

    Hoping to get some feedback. I'm now 15weeks since my TKR and my ROM is good but I'm still having a lot of swelling and specific pain in the same spot that I had early on, on the lower medial side of my knee. This is the area that was excruciating when doing my early PT and the area where I feel...
  3. S

    TKR New here - post op Day 6 and uncontrolled pain

    I'm now 8 weeks out and frustrated. My pain and swelling are not as severe but still bad enough to interfere with daily life. I'm able to bend 110 degrees but it causes sharp, pinching pain on the side of my knee. And I still can't get my knee straight. I am able to slowly go up and down...
  4. S

    TKR New here - post op Day 6 and uncontrolled pain

    Latest update: After pushing and stretching for hours each day, I was able to get to 90 degrees. When I saw PT, she had me doing harder stretches and was happy. I felt such relief and like I turned a corner that day, but the next morning, knee was swollen so much that I couldn't bend or...
  5. S

    TKR New here - post op Day 6 and uncontrolled pain

    Thank you, everyone! I'm afraid I went back and removed my message when I was a bit zonked out from medication and on an emotional roller coaster. I appreciate the answers before I did that! :)
  6. S

    TKR New here - post op Day 6 and uncontrolled pain

    I appreciate the info. Thanks!
  7. S

    TKR New here - post op Day 6 and uncontrolled pain

    I had another PT today and it was terribly painful. I was told that I only have 80 degree bend in my knee, 85 with someone else pushing on it but it hurts like crazy. She said I could have some scar tissue preventing it from bending more. How long does it take for scar tissue to form enough...
  8. S

    TKR New here - post op Day 6 and uncontrolled pain

    Thank you, all, for your suggestions! I have been using an app to schedule my meds and the icing and positioning suggestions did help. The pain was only 6-7 last night when I woke up to take my meds. I also thought my pain would be decreasing more than it is. Is each PT session supposed to...
  9. S

    TKR New here - post op Day 6 and uncontrolled pain

    I had the surgery on 9/24. I try to sleep on my back but I think I sometimes try to move on my side in the night. I do have the ice machine hooked up, so I can't be moving too far. I was sent home on 1 tablet of 5-325 Percocet q6 hours per the doctor's prescription. I'm taking the doses as...
  10. S

    TKR New here - post op Day 6 and uncontrolled pain

    Hoping to get some advice from those who have been down this road. Had TKR 6 days ago and everything seems to be going ok except that I am waking in the middle of the night in severe pain. I'm taking regular doses of the pain meds during the day and they control my pain for the most part. I...
Back
Top Bottom