Recent content by Sportin89

  1. S

    Revision TKR Stubborn New Knee<

    Been awhile since I update my info and this has definetly been a journey!! I went to see a 2nd doctor one year after the tkr was completed. He completed a CTscan on the implant and found issues with the original installation. Revision surgery took place on 10/30/18 and I am again working the...
  2. S

    Revision TKR Stubborn New Knee<

    My job duties requires for me to have more than 90 degree. Things like climbing ladders and stairs efficiently and able to egress if there is an emergency. That is why we have been pushing to get the knee past 90. If I was close to retirement, I would probably be okay where I am.
  3. S

    Revision TKR Stubborn New Knee<

    There was a 2" incision to remove adhesions as well as scope insertion openings. It was also manipulated during this procedure.
  4. S

    Revision TKR Stubborn New Knee<

    Both procedures were done at the same time.
  5. S

    Revision TKR Stubborn New Knee<

    The surgery dealt with adhesion removal only. I had some impingement in my joint and there was some internal bleeding going on. All that was taken care of. Knee feel better but the MUA did nothing for my ROM.
  6. S

    Revision TKR Stubborn New Knee<

    Just an update as to where I am at this point. 35 physical therapy visits, MUA and adhesion removal on 10/27 and still unable to get past 95 degrees unassisted. With two therapist, I can get 102 and I am crawling out from under them. Saw a second doctor for another opinion. Implant does not...
  7. S

    Revision TKR Stubborn New Knee<

    This past week has been rather difficult. Entire leg would swell by middle of the day and be very sore. PT has stopped and all the other exercises have stopped as well. Been elevating slightly at work with ice and high elevation when I get home with ice. Doing nothing more than walking at work...
  8. S

    Revision TKR Stubborn New Knee<

    It is definitely worth a shot. So normal day to day activities with increase in ice and elevation? Change from Aleve to Tylenol 1000mg 4xdaily?
  9. S

    Revision TKR Stubborn New Knee<

    I agree. There was a whole lot about the recovery process that no one told me about. Probably more my fault than anyone. The surgery decision came on so fast. I blew my acl back when I was 20 and pretty much abused it for 23 years. I had a scope done earlier in the year due to a tear and that...
  10. S

    Revision TKR Stubborn New Knee<

    1. 1-3 depending on activity. At times a 5 on the inner part of the knee. 2. Stop prescribed pain meds at week 6. Been taking Aleve, 2 tablets in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. 3. Swelling between moderate and slight 4. 90 degrees flexion, 3-5 degrees extension 5. Ice during work...
  11. S

    Revision TKR Stubborn New Knee<

    I have 3 more sessions left of PT. I took a week off around week 6, iced, elevated, relaxed and little to no change. I am now back to work after 8.5 weeks off. I spend a lot of time at my desk with my leg propped up in another chair and get up and stretch and walk every 45-60 minutes.
  12. S

    Revision TKR Stubborn New Knee<

    I was so happy to think that I had made progress only to be discourage when I went to PT yesterday. I thought for sure my flexion was better only to find out we peaked out at 90 degrees again. We have tried to forcefully bend it (and had me sliding off of the table in pain). I started to focus...
  13. S

    Revision TKR Stubborn New Knee<

    Knee replacement was 5/31/17
Back
Top Bottom