Recent content by Spongebob

  1. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    @Jamie i really hope so im struggling with adductors issues at the min
  2. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    @Jamie I had it checked in November was all good not arthritic I had a x-ray and a assessment from my surgeon
  3. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    Surely there would be signs of arthritis in the other hip though I have been to see my surgeon who said its not arthritic and does not need treatment it's just tired from helping my operated hip after surgery
  4. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    Hi my wonderful hippy friends I just thought I would check in as its been a while since my last post on how things are going at the moment so a update is since I have been in the gym working on strengthening all the muscles around my hip my operated hip seems to be getting less and less achey...
  5. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    @mendogal unfortunately not no unless I pay £50 each session which will clearly get very expensive so unfortunately I'm on my own now to try and sort this issue out
  6. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    Thanks for the feedback your all great basically what I'm struggling to get my head round is at the 12 month mark of recovery my operated hip hardly ached and my good hip was fine now at 2 years post op my operated hip aches and if I do activity it hurts and the next day my operated thigh hurts...
  7. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    Morning my wonderful hippy friends hope you all had a wonderful Xmas with your family's and friends. Does anyone know why after a long walk or exercise the next day why my operated thigh hurts but then fades off after a couple days ?
  8. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    Reading your post this is definitely my situation I don't have horrible pain but enough to distrupt my gait (my opposite hip and knee ache and on the scans they are fine) that is what makes me think its a gait issue casuing inbalnces in muslces making them work harder. and my implant looks great...
  9. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    This is good to read but I have noticed ache in the non operated hip and knee so in essence both my hips and knees ache is this due to the THR surgery and after 38 years of my body suffering and dealing with perthes dieseae now my body having to realign all over again with a different way of...
  10. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    Morning people does anyone have any experience of hip flexor contraction or a groin tendinopathy
  11. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    @myglasshalffull Hi where do I find articles about psoas tendinitis please?
  12. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    Hi it's been a while thought I would check in to see how everyone is on this fine friday :) Just a quick 1 I have been told that the reason my hip aches all day and doing certain movements like rising from tying my shoe gives me a sharp pain and lunges too hurts they have said my prosthesis is...
  13. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    But what I wanted to know is what is causing the sharp pain upon rising from tying shoe or a lunge is it hip flexor issue ?also he says I have overactive muscles working for underactive muscles that's why I have a muscle inbalance and the reason why it aches all the time
  14. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    @Layla @Jamie @hiphip.hooray @Mojo333 Happy sunday my wonderful hippy friends (fathers day here in the uk)Just a quick update I have had a mri scan on Monday awating the results now so hopefully that will help actually medically diagnose what the issue is (I hope nothing major but muscle...
  15. Spongebob

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    Hi evening all of my wonderful hippy friends how is everyone just here to say I start my p.t tomorrow morning so hopefully now instead of there being a dark tunnel with no light at the end now I'm looking into a tunnel with a light at the end of it that light is my future with my wonderful new...
Back
Top Bottom