Recent content by Sparks22

  1. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    Hi all, not been on for ages as I got confused with all the changes last year. Plus life is hectic!! However, today is my 1 year hipiversary :yay: Everything is going well, still have a few achy muscles, but that's on me not doing the exercises. I'm loving my 1 year old hip and enjoying being...
  2. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    Hi all, I'm coming up to 6 months now! Have to say I'm feeling very achy at the moment and when I lay down I just can't get comfy. I feel, it's not pain, but a big discomfort at the tip of the pelvis, is difficult to describe! Never mind, I'm sure it's part of the process. I'm also trying to...
  3. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    Afternoon all, I don't get on here much now as work/life is hectic. Thought I'd pop on as my 5 month 'anniversary' is coming up. The pains in my muscles are slowly easing off, as is the groin pain. I only feel huge discomfort if I sit in the wrong position for too long (not that I get to sit for...
  4. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    Yesterday marked 3 months post op :)I can now: cut my toe nails, pull my socks on, raise my leg fully, and I bought lace up walking shoes yesterday :yay: Nothing is done with finesse, but the fact I can reach my feet, without weird twisting, is brilliant. My thigh muscles are still very achy and...
  5. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    A very late Happy New Year to all! I had a busy one so haven't been online properly for a while! I was glad of the Christmas break as going back to work was really hard, tiring and taxing on my hip. 3 days in to the new term and I'm feeling OK, just normal teaching tiredness :mcoffee: My hip...
  6. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    Hi, progressing slowly. Last week was a full week at school and absolutely wiped me out, I felt like I'd done a whole term by the end of the week! I've got a lot more range of movement coming back, still no closer to getting my socks or lace up shoes on though. Tried wrapping presents last...
  7. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    I just broke a tooth!!! Just been on hold with 111 for half an hour (I don't have a dentist, long story) and have to go to Rotherham tomorrow - that's 50 miles away! I am so peeved off.
  8. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    Evening all. Today marks 7 weeks post op and 3 days back at work (didn't work Wednesday or today due to medical apps) How am I feeling? Exhausted! The combination of going back to work, teaching, being social, the physical activity and then all the driving I've done, has wiped me out! Saw my...
  9. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    Unfortunately I am the only parent willing to take her :( it was hard enough getting her dad to take her while I couldn't drive (we don't live together but kids are at his half the week) It's OK though, sitting in the car makes me chill out for an hour or so! Plus I Potter round Sainsbury's for...
  10. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    First day back at work done. I am, emotionally & physically, knackered! I'm quite an introvert in most settings so to walk through our breakfast club and have 40+ kids yelling "Miss Sparks!! You're back! Yay!!" Was very overwhelming, and then my Y 4 & 5 classes all ambushed me at the start of...
  11. Sparks22

    THR Harder than expected

    @MinnieAnn Hi :) everyone here is so lovely and helpful. It's a minefield of information outside (I'm on a few Facebook groups and wow its crazy in them!) Bonesmart is a great place with the best advice - listen to your body, ice, rest, ice, recover at your own place and ice!!! (Ice is...
  12. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    @Phoebie 6 weeks feels like a lifetime ago! I'm the same and thought by week 6 all would be well - not couch to 7k as that would never happen, but did think I'd be walking the dog a lot further and not feel so wiped out after doing things! Although, I did go slightly further on the walk this...
  13. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    6 weeks ago I was in my lovely little hospital room wondering when I'd get feeling back in my legs! I have to say I was hoping to be a bit less in pain now than I am, but it's all about my body adjusting to a new way of moving and all that jazz. My pluses are I can walk up the stairs, I can walk...
  14. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    I'm surprisingly feeling OK today, a little stiff to begin with. I've spent the morning converting a king duvet cover in to a single (mistake in size when ordering!) And hopping up and down on a chair to put the last christmas decorations up in the kids rooms...very careful & steady hopping up &...
  15. Sparks22

    THR LTHR anterior - Recovery diary & waffle

    Had to laugh at myself on the dog walk today - went a little further than normal due to bloody tractors so I could let Max have some off lead time (he would very much like to chase and kill all big machines!) And on the way back my new leg was twinging in all the achy post-op places and my right...
Back
Top Bottom