Recent content by spaniel

  1. S

    THR Severe Fall - Four fractures

    Hi folks-it’s been awhile since my gruesome fall with the four fractures. Ok, I bought Bombas gripper slipper plus gripper Bombas socks. They are not the cheapest, but they are good. Oddly the Dexa scan was not as atrocious as I thought it might be. However, after weeks non weight bearing, dcc...
  2. S

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    I am going to look this up. I too have lld plus major recent fractures from a fall in May, I did get a specially made orthotic done by an incredibly dually licensed pt and pedorthist He studied my gait meticulously, But yes the lld did put stress on other knee. .
  3. S

    THR Severe Fall - Four fractures

    Wow and I thought my stuff was tedious. I don’t know how caregivers retain their sanity.
  4. S

    THR Severe Fall - Four fractures

    Yes it was left side! (Non-op side). Indeed super grateful to be at home instead of the rehab nursing homes here.
  5. S

    THR Severe Fall - Four fractures

    Fortunately My 2022 r hip replacement seems ok. Fell 5/21 on kitchen floor where i had wiped a wee dog mess. I was barefoot! Toll: 1. Distal fibula fracture (ankle) at odd angle 2. Proximal fibula fracture 3.Tibia plateau fracture 4.radial head and neck fracture. Threw blood clot (DVT) and huge...
  6. S

    THR Severe Fall - Four fractures

    Yes indeed thanks. My most recent rheumatologist ( 35 yrs experience) did a bit of “rediagnosing”. My ANA has always been positive with a fine dense speckled pattern. The titer s high but not dreadfully so. So the possibility is forme fruste lupus- which is typically diagnosed when some other...
  7. S

    THR Severe Fall - Four fractures

    Oops typo 4 weeks to two years! Thanks @benne68 ! .. for research on pji
  8. S

    THR Severe Fall - Four fractures

    Hmm -PJI up to about 4 years. Interesting. Yea.. I have a call into dentist! I guess I should have formal allergy testing. I thank you for your response.
  9. S

    THR Severe Fall - Four fractures

    Oh what a quandary. My former surgeon’s sheet says LIFE. I have three welts and online doc thinks it might be a true allergy. Odd to develop this at 73. But i wonder if they are bites.. I am super sensitive to mosquito bites! I guess off to allergist I will go… thanks!
  10. S

    THR Severe Fall - Four fractures

    I know the topic has been debated to no end. My old ortho (whom I no longer see) indicated that I absolutely need dental antibiotic prophylaxis prior to cleaning for LIFE. My dentist also wants this. I took the recommended amount of Amoxicillin today and got a bit of a mild rash. This is the...
  11. S

    THR Surgery scheduled

    This is great that you will have a class! And indeed as a poster here said, the PT department will do just that-check you out first. (I had no class and was not seen by PT, but fortunately had skilled RNs with experience). My advice: be your own best advocate. Get actual phone numbers of any...
  12. S

    THR Severe Fall - Four fractures

    I stopped the Asian squat. I’m not sure where my head was at! It was clearly too intense. Thanks!
  13. S

    THR Severe Fall - Four fractures

    Great suggestion. I lightened up big time in the other ones. Thanks. I will do just this.
  14. S

    THR Right hip done, "Fred" is on board.

    Thanks. Yea I had a very old school M.D. that my PCP referred me to for the “ investigation “ of the General Anesthesia fiasco. He was very interested in the matter and gave major recommendations for any future anesthesiologist. My CPK was off the roof, I had myoglobinurua, and my Potassium was...
Back
Top Bottom