Recent content by Spangles

  1. Spangles

    THR Spangles' Recovery Thread

    Hi @Layla - thanks for your message. I hope you're well. I'm feeling so much better thanks. I'm back at work on a phased return and also Spinning at the gym, and walking amazingly well. I am so glad I had this done. I really feel like myself mentally. I am also happy with my looks after looking...
  2. Spangles

    THR Spangles' Recovery Thread

    Hi @Layla that is *so* kind! Happy weekend to you too. I can’t tell you how much this forum has made me feel better. I also had a very positive hospital appointment with my surgeon and the lead physiotherapist today. They said I only have myself to gauge my progress against and they see many...
  3. Spangles

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Thanks again @Layla This has helped me a lot. I agree getting up & having a structure are key. Everything in the UK, and London where I live, is still very much affected by rightly taking precautions against this coronavirus & the new normal is disconcerting in shops & restaurants in particular...
  4. Spangles

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    @Going4fun and @Hip4life thank you both so much for your detailed, completely sensible and inspiring advice. I know you’re both right, and the logical part of my brain does too. You’ve made me feel a lot better today as I focus on being patient and let my body heal. I’m the most impatient person...
  5. Spangles

    THR Spangles' Recovery Thread

    I hope so @Layla thanks again.
  6. Spangles

    THR Spangles' Recovery Thread

    Thank you @Layla the exercises became slightly more challenging last week but not much. I will continue with them then. Emotionally I’ve not been great but feeling better today. Thank you so much.
  7. Spangles

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Never been depressed until I had this operation last month! I knew the recovery would be very tough for a busy, active person like me which is why I postponed the procedure twice. I’d say week 3-4 (I am week 5 now) I started to feel really down. I think I look awful compared to how I normally...
  8. Spangles

    THR Spangles' Recovery Thread

    I have a question about rehab exercises! I have physio exercises and also some on a phone app (it’s an American one) which are pretty similar. I’ve seen on here that the exercises are frowned upon a bit! I have been religiously doing mine twice daily and as stated earlier in my thread have not...
  9. Spangles

    THR Spangles' Recovery Thread

    Thanks @Mojo333 you are right about the body sapping up lots of energy. I’ve never felt so tired in my life. Much harder than having babies IMO! I had lost interest in everything the lost few days and was feeling depressed & fed up. I feel a bit better today as my husband has been talking me...
  10. Spangles

    THR Spangles' Recovery Thread

    Thank you @catlover55 and it’s good to hear that you’re doing well 5.5 months after your operation. Yes, agreed the advice given here is excellent, and I know it makes sense to follow it. Just went for a 2 mile walk with my crutch and one of my children. It feels a bit like Groundhog Day...
  11. Spangles

    THR Spangles' Recovery Thread

    Thank you so much @Layla. I am so grateful for your amazing advice and helpful links. It's so supportive. I will try explaining to my children, who don't really understand, and I can't wholly expect them too. They don't understand why I am largely ignoring them, and why even watching a movie...
  12. Spangles

    THR Spangles' Recovery Thread

    Thanks for that Layla. I read it with interest. I think because of the covid situation, I am in no hurry to return to the gym or my fitness instructing. However, I do have some questions: I work as a ful time school teacher and am wondering if 12 weeks is when people generally return to work...
  13. Spangles

    THR Spangles' Recovery Thread

    @Greg555 thanks also for your post. Makes me feel so much more optimistic! I was also wondering if I will ever be able to exercise again as I was worried of wearing the new hip out. I enjoyed teaching fitness classes on top of my main job, and worried that that would be over after the operation.
  14. Spangles

    THR Spangles' Recovery Thread

    That's great to hear Ava. Must have been daunting being only 33 and having to have bilateral. You sound like you're doing really well too.
  15. Spangles

    THR Spangles' Recovery Thread

    I can totally relate to all you say. Thanks for your nice message. I still don't feel like it's 'me' having this implant. I guess I will learn to accept it...have a peaceful evening too.
Back
Top Bottom