Recent content by Space Knee

  1. S

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    Report on various things: 1) the stiffness in my knee comes and goes; I've been massaging it twice a day with CBD oil and/or Vitamin E oil. It seems to help loosen things up. 2) back issues continue, but mostly due to a pinched nerve. That's being treated with injections. 3) I still have...
  2. S

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    So, interestingly, the surgeon has been looking into the effects of topical CBD creams on muscle stiffness after TKA. While there are NO cited studies yet, there is anecdotal evidence that a topical cream does help the muscles "relax" a bit. I live in a state where this is legal, so I have...
  3. S

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    Hi, I did get a good report from the surgeon. He says that the stiffness will continue to slowly dissipate and recommended that I massage some CBD (topical) cream into the muscles. I have just finished a month and a half of pretty intensive travel and will be getting back to my bicycling...
  4. S

    TKR Low back pain after TKR

    Totally agree with the new shoes advice. I did that a few months after TKR and it helped quite a bit. But, did have to get a short in my LB to help out. Now, nearly a year later, I still get occasional twinges, particularly if I've been on my feet too long, but the shoes helped mitigate most of...
  5. S

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    Hello all, it has been a year since my TKA and in some ways it is good, in other ways not so much. Still battling stiffness in the muscles around the knee; I call it "frozen knee". I do have very good range of motion, and can walk quite well, but the stiffness just doesn't quite go away. I...
  6. S

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    Checking in here -- nearly 7 months post-op. Still plagued with a bit of stiffness just below the kneecap in the quads. Also having a bit of hip flexor stiffness. Saw the doc three weeks ago and they are sending me back for a bit of PT to work on the quad and the flexor. I can walk pretty...
  7. S

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    I had my DH along at the conference to make sure I sat down as much as possible. I was surprised at how well it went. I have my six-month checkup with the OS this next week and probably won't have a lot to cover except the ongoing stiffness, which is abating very slowly.
  8. S

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    Just a quick drop-in: six months out and mostly walking pretty well, with that residual stiffness that I understand will take a while to go away. I spent a weekend on my feet at a conference, did about 6, 000 steps a day, and it wasn't too bad, although the muscle points just below the knee were...
  9. S

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    I've been pleased that the swelling is down a lot, but it's pretty clear there's still some inside. The stiffness is really starting to be confined to a fairly small region around the knee, but it's still there. Still feels somewhat leaden, but NOT the whole knee as it was for the past couple of...
  10. S

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    Well, 20 weeks ago this week... progress is pretty good, although the stiffness remains a bit of an issue. Biggest problem I faced last week was a bit of a pulled muscle in my back, which made standing up and walking difficult. But, it's passed now and I'm back on the knee healing bandwagon.
  11. S

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    Loriannie, I haven't been doing laps yet, just some gentle aquacize. However, our pool is closed for repairs for a couple of weeks, so I'll be doing some light walking and some recumbent bicycling. There are some days when I have very little pain, and others when it's just stiff and sore. NO...
  12. S

    TKR Progress

    Love the stationary bike, too. I use a recumbent bike which has been very easy to use and get me back on the exercise track. I don't push it in terms of "gotta do it every day", and manage 3-4 times a week unless I have a flare-up of swelling. Just started water exercise -- about 10 minutes at a...
  13. S

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    Yes, I've learned to go with the flow. Some days are definitely easier than others. Is anyone else using Pennsaid topical on their knee?
  14. S

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    It is interesting that some weeks I can walk and exercise and no problems beyond the stiffness, etc. Then, I will take a short walk in the store and it gets all huffy for a day. In the main though, things are getting better.
  15. S

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    Both my dentist and the OS strongly recommended the amoxicillin prior to tooth cleaning. I am going along with their recommendation. Agree about the abscess--that's a whole other ball of wax and level of infection. Nonetheless, I'm not taking any chances. I purposely waited two weeks beyond...
Back
Top Bottom