Recent content by Soreone

  1. S

    TKR Three weeks tomorrow tkr right knee. Tkr left knee Jan 2023

    Does anyone have any advice for me. I am 6 weeks post op ltkr had right in January. The past week or so I go to bed for about 20 mins to an hour then I'm up with burning in my knee so I get the ice and sit down that's when these weird spasms start. My foot tightens up and I have a shooting...
  2. S

    TKR Three weeks tomorrow tkr right knee. Tkr left knee Jan 2023

    I'm quite surprised how well my tkr from January is coping with my right tkr. The right knee has been quite different because they found a pain med that gives me some relief even with gastric bypass. I'm doing much better at physio. My ROM is 100 and I'm going twice a week to physio. I will...
  3. S

    TKR 7weeks post op

    Oh yeah any thoughts on helping with the turnaquet pain woukd be appreciated
  4. S

    TKR 7weeks post op

    Well I had right knee replaced yesterday. I am home resting comfortably. They are giving me percocet this time which seems to be much better. I also have a cryo ice machine this time. I feel in a much better frame of mind so far this time. Physio was impressed with my first walk at the...
  5. S

    TKR 7weeks post op

    Thank you so much Layla I'm in a lot of pain and can't wait to get this over. I'm trying to get my gardens in and things done around the house as I know I will slowed down for a while.
  6. S

    TKR 7weeks post op

    I received a call today and my second knee surgery is booked for June 23 at 10 am. Just 3 days before my 6 month anniversary on my left knee. Any suggestions anyone has for me for this second knee replacement would be greatly appreciated.
  7. S

    TKR 7weeks post op

    Well I went today to see the surgeon and I am being put on the cancellation list as my right knee is now quite bad. The doctor said it should be before the end of summer.
  8. S

    TKR 7weeks post op

    I'm at three months today. I don't have pain in my new knee anymore. I find working has helped more then anything with my ROM. I have stopped physio now as my working is more then enough activity for my knees. I finally took my cockapoo for a walk. She was so happy to have me back. My appt...
  9. S

    TKR Numb feet

    I found sleeping in my recliner helped sometimes. I was often up through the night for pain pills a glass of milk and ice. Sometimes fell asleep like that.
  10. S

    TKR When oh when oh when

    I too am 10 weeks out and Itook a 2 week break from PT at 5 weeks post op. I was terrified this would set me back. I continued my exercises at home during this time and when I returned to PT my ROM had actually increased. My pain was much better from the rest too. I have been back to PT for...
  11. S

    TKR 7weeks post op

    Well I'm 10 weeks out tomorrow and doing so much better. I went back to physio and my ROM is 115 now. I have just been reduced to once a week for physio from 2x/week. I am back working most days (my own housekeeping business). Some days I am swollen and need a nap after work and other days...
  12. S

    TKR 7weeks post op

    I just had my left knee replaced. Before surgery I knew both my knees were very bad (osteoarthritis). The surgeon picked the left one first because it was a bit worse. Thank you for all you kind comments it's so nice to have an understanding response.
  13. S

    TKR 7weeks post op

    I had total knee replacement Jan 26/23. It's been a very painful journey as I have had gastric bypass 12 years ago and my pain was not under control. After 2 weeks my surgeon sent me back to my family doctor for pain management. My doctor made me takes 2 weeks off of physio as everytime I...
Back
Top Bottom