Recent content by sooz

  1. S

    Bilateral TKR The other side<

    Today is 6 months since my bilateral knee replacements were done. Take heart everyone.....between 5 and 6 months I noticed a big improvement,,,in everything. Have just stopped physio as I dont feel I need it now as I have rom of 146 in my right knee and 137 in my left. I am pain free, even when...
  2. S

    Bilateral TKR The other side<

    sherrieT..you are so early in your recovery and I know how hard it is to be patient. It seems like the healingis taking ages but one day you will say.... I am doing better this week than before...trust me, it will happen.
  3. S

    Bilateral TKR The other side<

    coming up to the 5 month mark and am virtually pain free at last. My right knee (partial) has a rom of 146 and the left (total) 132. My physio is delighted and so am I. I have 95% feeling back in both knees and can kneel for short periods. everything feels very natural and I can walk as long...
  4. S

    Bilateral TKR The other side<

    Just passed the three month mark. I notice improvement by the week...not by the day. I am almost pain free but still get told by my knees if I overdo it. I have 135 flexion on one knee and 125 on the other. One of the best things for me has been the physio massaging my muscles that support the...
  5. S

    Bilateral TKR The other side<

    horray at last. just gone 8 weeks.............I am very excited as the last few nights I have managed to sleep right through except for one wake and turn over !!! by taking 2 panadol at bedtime I can now enjoy sleeping without the throbbing pain. Also over the same time frame the numb areas...
  6. S

    Bilateral TKR The other side<

    thank you so much for your advice Josephine. I have taken this onboard and I am sure it will help. The thing I am most looking forward to is the passage of time when the pain/stiffness will lessen and I can get a normal (for me) nights sleep. Heres hoping. Also thanks for the time you give to...
  7. S

    Bilateral TKR The other side<

    1.pain level......during the day only if i lie down, then it burns at base of knee where the scar ends 2-3. Night time is ok till around midnight then stiff and a 5 2. off all pain meds except 2 665mg panadol osteo at bedtime. 3. knee swelling moderate except after exercise when it is a...
  8. S

    Bilateral TKR The other side<

    ask away Josephine
  9. S

    Bilateral TKR The other side<

    Nearly six weeks post op. My physio massages my knee (he calls it release) and that helps. I massage the scar and that also helps. The frustrating part is having one good day and then a painful one. Night time is still not great. I wake after midnight with stiffness (have a walk around) but...
  10. S

    Bilateral TKR The other side<

    have been home nearly a week. was able to quit the oxycodone 2 days ago and only take panadol when needed. it is more discomfort than pain. saw doctor yesterday...everything is good. scheduled for x-rays in three months followed by consult. I feel the worst is behind me. I can walk unaided and...
  11. S

    Bilateral TKR The other side<

    Day nine. Physiotherapy is progressing nicely..they are very kind and don't force anything. They take me from my room to their gym for an hour each day. My right knee (partial) has 115 degrees flexion and zero extension. The left (total) has 100 degrees flexion and 10 extension. Still happy to...
  12. S

    Bilateral TKR The other side<

    So good to gave the surgery over. Total on left knee (Stryker Triathlon) and partial on right (Makopkasty) surgery went well. First day I was very nauseous, even after spinal and sedation. Feel pretty good now, pain controlled, using ice machine heaps and using walker. Have done part of the...
  13. S

    2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Tomorrow is the day.....finally. I am having a TKR on my left knee and a pkr on my right...together. The wait has been anxious however I am looking forward to getting it done and over with and being able to post "on the other side"
  14. S

    Tomorrow is the day

    cancelled for two weeks.....long story. new date 24th October.....ho hum
  15. S

    Last minute delay

    There I was on the operating table when my OS came out and said he had been re-examining the scans and I only needed a partial knee replacement on the right instead of a total. The left still needs a total. He was going to postpone as he couldn't do the partial yesterday. I have to go and have...
Back
Top Bottom