Recent content by SooBee

  1. SooBee

    Bending restrictions

    I had my second THR right hip on 6th February. I had the left one done last June. They were both classed as 'complex' hip replacements. With the most recent one my leg was twisted at the knee, and my pelvis was twisted and higher on the bad side, I couldn't put my foot down at all. When I had...
  2. SooBee

    Boomerang Pillow

    When I had my first hip repacement last June, I bought this thing:- https://www.cambridgefutons.com/futon-and-mattress-shop/slumber-support/ My physio told me NOT to risk it, and to continue 'managing' on my back. Had the second THR last Monday, so seven days ago, and came home on Thursday...
  3. SooBee

    Hip Surgery in May

    :bricks::tantrum2::heehee::heehee: @Miss Muffet, just reading through your post-op 'diary'. Really making me laugh! My Palma/Marbella moment was in Rome! Apparently foreign travel is absolutely terrible for your health. :heehee::rotfl: I've now had all day to absorb this news, so feeling...
  4. SooBee

    Hip Surgery in May

    @Miss Muffet, I am absolutely useless at stamping my foot. The hospital just called back and said they've got me in for the 3rd June. I phoned the Occupational Therapist who looked at their letter to her and she said it definitely says the 13th May! I'm now asking myself, do I want these...
  5. SooBee

    Hip Surgery in May

    Thank you @Jaycey. I've really been handling this until now but feel so down. In any case, even if there has been some mix-up I still will have this Azathioprine problem. It's so annoying: my gastroenterologist did MRI scan and colonoscopy last September and said I had Crohn's ulcers already...
  6. SooBee

    Hip Surgery in May

    :gaah::gaah:If it weren't so annoying I'd be laughing! I went in for my pre-operative assessment on the 28th and was told my date was definately 13th May. A super lady from Occupational Therapy rang last Thursday and said she'd only just been told I was going in for a THR on 13th, and had to...
  7. SooBee

    Hip Surgery in May

    Thank you @Mscant and @net0girl. I have watched several of the videos on how to do all these things, but you know, I'm raring to get on with it so I can practice for myself. Had the OT in yesterday and she was very reassuring. Said I am in fact relatively young to be undergoing this procedure...
  8. SooBee

    Hip Surgery in May

    Hi @Jillie422, I staggered around the garden yesterday with the lady who's been helping with the garden, and propped up on an outdoor walker. (I just cannot straighten up). Been feeling absolutely gross since then, such pain all down left leg, hip, knee, ankle, foot and calf. The right hand side...
  9. SooBee

    THR Pain and Nausea

    Happily, with every passing hour you grow further away from all this horrible discomfort. Thinking of you and wishing you well soon, x
  10. SooBee

    bathing and keeping clean

    I took Micellar Water into hospital with me last year, and have been using it ever since. Klorane do one for babies that one can use anywhere on the body. I think they make baby wipes with micellar water too.
  11. SooBee

    Hip Surgery in May

    @GimpyGal You know, I was wondering about that. As I think I said, the original intention was to do the right hip first, but as that seems to have settled somewhat, I asked if they could do the left hip, (sciatic side), first. Nurse Specialist said as they're doing both in a short space of time...
  12. SooBee

    2016 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    My first HR on Friday, 13th May.
  13. SooBee

    Hip Surgery in May

    :console2:Hi Jaycey, I was originally referred to a spinal surgeon, who finally x-rayed my hips. He then referred me on to the 'hip' surgeon because he felt he wouldn't be able to make an accurate assessment of my back while my hips were so bad. Which is exactly what you're saying I guess...
  14. SooBee

    Hip Surgery in May

    :groan:Hi Jaycey, The reassurances are very comforting, so thanks! It is sometimes quite difficult to know exactly where pain IS actually coming from when you have so much evidently wrong on x-ray. I actually find the chronic sciatica the worst of all the pain! It's dire, :groan:
  15. SooBee

    Hip Surgery in May

    Hi Josephine, I have read the articles you suggested, very helpful. Thank you. I suppose the only thing to do is, onwards and upwards - try it and see! The consultant did tell me that they have less trouble these days eith dislocations because the 'ball' part of the prosthesis is larger than...
Back
Top Bottom