Thank you. I'm very fortunate and I'm certain I can make my hours at work whatever I need them to be at first as I am still a little weak from the recover (and flu). I will definitely be taking this coming week VERY slow.
Well, tomorrow will be 6 weeks post surgery and today I had my appointment with the Doctor and he and I are extremely happy with how my knee is and I get to go back to work beginning next week. Woohooo! Using Tylenol during the day and the Hydrocodone in the evening. May try Benedril (SP?)...
Thanks very much folks. The reason for trying to get off the meds is for a couple reasons. The first is that I continue to have some stomach issues that I thought originally was the flu but began to wonder if it was the meds instead. I've been off the meds for a week and still have traces...
Help!
Okay, I've had my first set back and I'm horribly frustrated. For some reason I can't sleep. It appears that I am stiffening up at night and then when I roll over or try to move it wakes me up with huge pain. Granted this is with no meds but I really wanted to get off them.
Once...
Well, the knee recovery has gone fantastic but the stomach flu just about killed me! :gaah:
Knee feels great and I'm just getting by with Tylenol 3 times within 24 hours. Swelling is almost all gone. Range of motion is good but not great at 122 and 0. I would like to get a little more...
Fair point and I was concerned with that as well but to date there have been no issues. I did double bag them so the odds of two bags springing a leak at the same time and going un-noticed I would expect are pretty slim. If there is a concern, the bags are cheap and you can swap them out. I...
yep, we tried the peas too and I liked it but this molds and shapes to your knee really well too. I was becoming increasingly frustrated with just ice in the ice bags and it not fitting my knee. The syrup molds and seems to hold the cold for a good amount of time and certainly longer than...
Thanks again everyone. Trust me, I am being very cautious as I have similar fears of falling and hurting it. For some reason it just seems to be going well. ROM last week was 93 and today at PT it was 110. I can't believe it but the PT was actually pleased and went light on me. Woohoo...
I folks, just wanted to share what I have learned thru my little adventure. Get some large freezer bags and a 1 gallon jug of Karo syrup and pour the syrup into the ziplock bag and double bag it. The 1 gallon jug will make at least 2 big ice packs. They form well to your knee and hold the...
Well, I had some big changes this weekend. My range of motion made a big improvement this weekend and I found that sitting on the dining room table and letting my leg dangle and move my leg back and forth really helped to get the range expanded.
At the same time, this weekend was the first...
Yes, I plan on at least mentioning it either in a letter or on their Facebook page. Seems like they should not have the ability to contradict what the attending physician prescribes.
I have a Doctors appointment on Monday and will ask them what they propose. I have enough meds to get me to that point and they can give me directions as to how to address this. I agree it doesn't sound legal but the internet is full of threads of Walgreens refusing to fill pain med...
WELL, here's something I never dreamed would happen to me on this deal. Went to Walgreens to get a refill of my pain meds (Oxycodone and MS Contin). This is the same Walgreens that we had gotten the prescription filled the first time and our regular pharmacist. When we went in to pick them...
Thanks for the support everyone. I'm doing really well. No discomfort. Still swollen a little so continuing to keep my leg elevated. My range of motion is from -3 on the extension to 93 on bent knee. My doctor is really pushing for range as there was so much damage from all my previous...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.