Recent content by Solar7

  1. Solar7

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    Hey BoneSmart crowd! Hope you're all having a happy holiday season. Things are going pretty well overall... I'm hoping to get back into more exercise when football ends, lol. Question for anyone around: did you ever end up bowling after surgery? What're your thoughts, or advice from your...
  2. Solar7

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    Just an update for everyone after 13 months... went into another doctor for a year 1 checkup, and everything looked great! He told me the aches and pains I've been having are just part of the new normal for me. That posterior pain is probably from needing to build up the muscle around the area...
  3. Solar7

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    Out of 10. The pain actually started well before the movie, so it wasn't from sitting too long. Unfortunately I'm having the same pain right now and have had it for a few days. I try not to mix anything but occasionally unplanned things happen. We were early for the movie so we stopped at the bar.
  4. Solar7

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    Hi All, it's been a while. Hope you're doing well! I'm nearly at 11 months since the surgery, and have another quick question. Is experiencing pain at this point still normal? At any point in my recovery should I expect to be 100% pain free? Some days I am, but last night I went to a movie and...
  5. Solar7

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    I'll give it a bit of a try. It doesn't feel like a sciatic nerve thing, however. Ice has been helping this morning. I'm doing my figure four stretch, but it's neither hurting nor helping. The acute pain went away relatively quick in the grand scheme of things, but this morning feels like the...
  6. Solar7

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    Yesterday I had a major scare, and I really need some opinions on if what I'm going through is abnormal, as my surgeon is gone, and my primary care physician is gone, so my next step would be a very costly ER visit. It might just be something I need to be more mindful of the rest of my life, or...
  7. Solar7

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    I ended up staying with my current practice... they had the earliest appointment. A month from now. Sheesh!
  8. Solar7

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    Well, I hit the 6 month mark a few days back... things are going pretty well, but certainly not perfect. What really stinks is that I had an appointment with my primary care physician for tomorrow since I can't follow up with my surgeon... and my PCP quit his practice yesterday. Now I have to...
  9. Solar7

    THR Mako vs traditional THR

    I can't speak for the medicare coverage, but I had a Mako assist and was quite happy with it - I'm on an Obamacare/ACA plan and indeed it was covered as part of the full cost of the total surgery. As I mentioned, I was very happy with it - the primary reason being I came out of the surgery...
  10. Solar7

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    My legs are still sore overall but that excruciating knee pain is gone, thankfully. Tomorrow or the next day I'll be able to start using my recumbent bike again, and take some walks.
  11. Solar7

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    My hip feels great, but unfortunately I messed up my big toe on my surgical side (it was looking bad and then I stubbed it when I got home, think I might lose the toenail)... and most intensely, my non-surgical side knee is KILLING me. I'm talking excruciating, limping pain. I'm a little worried...
  12. Solar7

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    Today was Pokémon Go Tour, which means they had 8 hours of activities and special Pokémon available. Lots of walking... my true big test! I played all 8 hours and walked 9.2 miles, never really stopping to sit or anything! Minimal OTC painkillers were there for before and mid-journey, but...
  13. Solar7

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    5 months today. Diet going pretty well, down 6 lbs, about to begin exercising in earnest this week.
  14. Solar7

    Post surgery golf

    My surgeon was both not conservative and very conservative at the same time because of my age. He didn't necessarily say "don't do X sport" but did caution that I'm young and if I want this thing to last a lifetime, to play it conservative. The main thing is not to wear out the joint with high...
  15. Solar7

    THR Solar 7's recovery

    Had a really concerning tweak the other night doing absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. A sudden, instant BAM and I couldn't put weight on the leg. Thought that was it, the dreaded dislocation. Thankfully, I was in a spot where I could kind of just fall over onto my good side and lay down...
Back
Top Bottom