Recent content by socman

  1. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    Hi Everyone, It has been a long time. Had my right knee done in January 2023. The second one followed in October 2023. Went through a month of therapy with my first, and almost two months with my second. Update at almost a year after my second - both knees hurt upon standing after sitting...
  2. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    Jamie, Thank you for the info and suggestions. I will follow through. Roger
  3. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    In my seventh month following my second for procedure. Two concerns: First, my second knee still is stiff and often just kills me with pain upon rising and taking steps. Second, my lower back muscles just cramp up shortly after walking or standing for longer periods of time. Are these kind...
  4. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    Thank you for the words of encouragement. Yes - I, too, hope that the new PT sessions will help. This right knee is just different from my left knee surgery and recovery. I think the biggest factor is that shortly after the first surgery, I was able to ride my bike each day the weather...
  5. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    Hi Everyone, Well...I have been given one more month of physical therapy - Oh Joy! Knee, quad, and hip/hip flexors are all at play here. I sure hope it helps since the pain level remains pretty high after my October surgery. I am a little concerned. Can't even walk any kind of distance...
  6. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    Question: My knees seem to be healing well, but almost two months after therapy ended, I am still experience intense pain upon standing after sitting for a while. The pain leaves within five to ten seconds, and then I can walk with very little discomfort. Is this the kind of pain one should...
  7. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    So thankful for all the good advice and constant encouragement. It all works to the good! For two weeks now I have gone very easy on my exercising at home. However, starting January 1 (just sounds right), I will be beginning more of a daily routine - light strength work out, moderate ROM...
  8. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    Hi Everyone, Well, I "graduated" from therapy yesterday. I ended up with measurements of 4 and 114...not great after eight weeks following surgery, but I am sure things will get better. The one thing I came away from therapy hating were those darn lunges and squats! Pretty painful and my...
  9. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    I feel the wisdom of your words! I will try taking it a bit easier on my knee...and really cut back on those exercises. The way I feel, I think you are all correct! I suspected overworking my knee was not great, but my therapist was encouraging me...not do things that really hurt, but work...
  10. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    Doing sit squats because my therapists ask me to do them during our sessions. Getting up or lowering myself from a chair hurts while sitting or rising. Then, I am ok once up...or down. I am confused by all of this. My last knee had a much better time recovering...this knee has been stiff and...
  11. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    Quick questions: I have a narrow area from the top of the kneecap extending for about three inches...below the surgical scar. I noticed I have the same condition, albeit somewhat less pronounced, with my other knee (surgery was in January 2023). Is this normal knee/thigh muscle physiology...
  12. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    I wish to thank all of you for the advise and encouragement. I have decided to keep working out with my home PT and seeing my therapist twice weekly. My workouts will be more stretching than for increasing strength. I think I am pretty good in that category. Again, thanks for the advice. By...
  13. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    Advice needed. I seem to be stuck at around 104-107 (knee bend) and 4-8 on flex. This has been the case for three weeks now. Should I expect things to get better? I am walking now without issues. Try my best to heel-to-toe when walking. Knee seems to swollen just a bit all the time...first...
  14. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    Almost at the end of week six. Just had a month more of pt scheduled for me by therapist. Not sure I will need all of them, but my progression this time around is not at good as it was last time. I think that is due to much more swelling. I have hated how it makes my lower leg look...edema...
  15. S

    TKR Surprised and a bit confuse...from looking around, that makes me normal - I guess!

    Hi Everyone, Week six is about to begin. Had to get off the Tramadol after having been on it for too long. It started making me feel very weird and I wanted to sleep at all hours. Dreaming was nuts!!! I did not like waking up from such crazy dreams...almost in a panic at times. I know you...
Back
Top Bottom