Recent content by snowhitewithacane1019

  1. S

    IMPORTANT QUESTION - 14 weeks post op

    Okay guys....I don't know whether to be worried or not so I need some advice and believe me, I know everyone is different. As a lot of you know, I had my total left hip replacement 14 weeks ago and had a really bad experience in the hospital. The PA and doctor were both great and once I got...
  2. S

    THR Surgery is over and I'm home

    Thanks to all of you for your support and answers. I really appreciate it and feel a little better still having to take the pain meds. However, I think that I obviously did not make myself clear when I said the office person at the doctor's office said the pain was "not normal". What I meant...
  3. S

    THR Surgery is over and I'm home

    I have a question for those who are further along in their recovery. I had my total hip replacement on November 30th and feel I am doing very well but I had my first "out of the home physical therapy" a week ago and I experienced really serious pain for several days to the point that I couldn't...
  4. S

    THR Surgery is over and I'm home

    Thanks again to all of you. I do need to figure out who to send these letters of complaint to and will be focusing on them when I am feeling a little bit better. I had a good night last night and have been having a good day today. My PT guy helped me practice with a cane today, going up and...
  5. S

    THR Surgery is over and I'm home

    Thanks so much Mary Beth - I do intend to make sure this is documented so that nobody else has to ever deal with it. I did document it with the hospital but have not heard anything further from them and I will let the doctor's office know as well.
  6. S

    THR Surgery is over and I'm home

    Thanks - I truly appreciate the sympathy. I have been in this hospital a few years ago for a non-ortho issue so I know they have good nurses and aides there - I just had bad luck with mine. I have been using a lot of ice and I do find it helps with the swelling. Have also been using tylenol...
  7. S

    THR Surgery is over and I'm home

    Well, my surgery on November 30th went very well but the beginning process has not been smooth by any means: Had the surgery and the when I woke, did not have any pain (probably because the spinal had not worn off); The pain eventually came with such ferocity that I was having a really hard...
  8. S

    THR Waking up to the other side!

    My surgery is coming up in a couple of weeks - it is good to hear from people like you who are doing so well
  9. S

    Anesthetics

    I am meeting with the anesthesiologist in a week and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on spinal v. general. My surgeon prefers spinal and says that I won't remember anything but ultimately it's up to me and the anesthesiologist. I have never had surgery with a spinal before and am a...
  10. S

    Concerned.....do I need to be

    It was really weird....initially I was told that I had a torn hip labrum and I had surgery to repair it. I also had several cortisone shots which helped for a maximum of 6 days (at the most)....I eventually refused to have them as they were extremely painful and didn't give me enough relief to...
  11. S

    Concerned.....do I need to be

    Okay - I'm having left total hip replacement on November 30th but in the last couple of days I have had burning pain in my right groin and the right hip feels stiff and sore. Could it just be that I am walking so badly that I am getting pain in my right hip? I'm hoping this doesn't mean my...
  12. S

    New to this site

    Thanks so much to all of you who have replied to me....can't figure out how to answer people individually (or even if you can).....I really appreciate all the support and well wishes....think I have found a place where people not only understand what I've been going through but are so...
  13. S

    New to this site

    Thanks to everyone for their support - I had been secretly reading this board long before I actually went to my new OS:whistle: Anyway, I'm looking forward to communicating with people who can really empathize (since they are going through it as well) I have found a great deal of information...
  14. S

    2012 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    November 30th....Mixed emotions....looking forward to a life without pain but anxious about the surgery and recovery:umm:
  15. S

    New to this site

    I have been dealing with horrible pain for 2 years and the last 6 months the pain has been almost unbearable. Because I guess I am considered young for a hip replacement according to the doctors (although I don't consider 56 all that young) and I had a heart attack caused by blockage a year...
Back
Top Bottom