Recent content by snowelag

  1. snowelag

    2014 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    I am having LTKR done on November 10. My first. Looking forward to some relief.
  2. snowelag

    Knees need to be replaced

    Jeano, I was told by the doc that because of the circumference of my thigh that an uploader brace would not fit me. I'm 5'2" and 254 lbs. Heavy on the thighs. Do you still have yours available? I am scheduled for TKR on the left Knee in November and my right Knee will need a replacement...
  3. snowelag

    My Knee Is Controlling My Life

    Good news! My LTKR is now scheduled for November 10. The doctor had some very valid concerns. Agreed, I am too young for a replacement to last me a lifetime and the excess weight does add to the risk factor and the life of the appliance. The bulk in my thighs can contribute to longer healing...
  4. snowelag

    My Knee Is Controlling My Life

    I am really greatful that I have found this forum. Thanks to all of you for sharing your similar experiences. I will add that I have had the injections a year ago and recieved some relief for awhile. This round the doc is thinking we might buy some time while "I lose weight". I don't not...
  5. snowelag

    My Knee Is Controlling My Life

    I am brand new to this forum. In fact, this my first forum membership ever. The information here is amazing. I am in need of a left knee replacement. Tomorrow I have an appointment to start a series of orthovisc shots while I "lose" some weight. I am 5'3 and 255 lbs. I have lost 12 pounds...
Back
Top Bottom