I've seen two other surgeons (although not arthroscopic guys) who tend to agree with the impingement theory. I say theory because all of my test results come back negative. I asked about that much less invasive procedure to my main surgeon and he says he cannot guarantee any improvement with...
Update. Will do surgery in a couple months to remove scar tissue and impingement. He wants to replace the ball and the liner in the socket while he's in there. Says there is a lot of scar tissue to cut away as well.
He had tried to talk me out of it because this surgery "is not typically...
mostly R2F C - but some R2FW and X.
I had the hip aspirated and it came back negative for infection. There were some white blood cells present which the surgeon says indicates inflammation.
He wants to go back in there and do a left hip capsulectomy. I don't know exactly what that means...
Josephine,
I have seen 2 other surgeons for second opinions. Both do not think it is infected but they can't 100% rule it out (even with blood test normal) unless they aspirate - which they do not want to do. However, it hurts quite badly and it is extremely stiff. I have also been quite...
CT scan showed normal. Nuclear scan showed normal. Now the surgeon is right back to what I have been complaining about all along.
I have an extreme amount of scar tissue and it seems to be impinging the joint. Ii is actually getting worse and I am right at one year post THR. It is...
Sent for a CT scan - 11 months post THR now - CT showed "nothing" with the implant except for some mild degeneration in my back L4 and L5. Now he wants to do a Nuclear bone scan. Searching for infection I suspect. Same amount o pain if not worse than my last post. Hip, Groin, Thigh and now...
Thanks for all the information and replies. I am a 49 year old male BTW.
Still working, still walking several miles a day on concrete. Surgeon called in Pennsaid 2% gel in a pump. I guess it doesn't have all the potential side effects of oral Diclofenac 75mg. I don't notice any improvement...
I posted another time to this forum so here is an update. THR left side mid March. Back to the surgeon several times. At the incision point of my thigh, it feels like there is a baseball in there. I have decent mobility but every move I make - even sitting / resting - I can feel this...
Update: Went to surgeon this am. He pulled some blood to rule out infection. Will know results in a couple of days. He said that the symptoms I am describing are normal and the swelling / baseball / wood plank feeling will dissipate over time. He said I am overdoing it. I walk about 5...
11 weeks post surgery left hip anterior replacement. Plenty of mobility and I can put on my socks but it feels like I have a baseball under my incision. It radiates into my groin making it very uncomfortable to do most anything. Last visit surgeon said that it was swelling in the thigh under...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.