Recent content by SMSBD

  1. S

    Feb 21st Left THR Scheduled

    Hello everyone and thank you for your attention and well wishes. So sorry for not posting further or earlier, but there were some last minute tests required, hubby came home for the surgery and a surprise visit from a cousin that kept me a little busy, and tired. Today is the first day post-op...
  2. S

    Feb 21st Left THR Scheduled

    @Mojo333 LOL! I had a similar thought regarding sleep. Mine was some sort of suspended harness from the ceiling :heehee:
  3. S

    Feb 21st Left THR Scheduled

    @MammaT My final surgical consult is on February 12th. Thanks for the suggestion to ask about the difference between fracture and "worn out hip" (?correct?). I've added it to my list of questions to ask at this appointment including what type of device and confirming they'll use an epidural as...
  4. S

    Feb 21st Left THR Scheduled

    @Mojo333 Thanks so much for the encouraging words. True that I am looking forward to the pain being gone, gone, gone. That and finally being able to sleep lying down again. I've been sleeping propped up sitting since December 2017. SMSBD
  5. S

    Feb 21st Left THR Scheduled

    @Jaycey I'm wondering about "all the machines" too. Although I wouldn't mind a compression device should the edema persist after surgery, but, I can make that decision then. The only reason I might decide to purchase an "ice machine" would be because they sell for about what a month's rental...
  6. S

    Feb 21st Left THR Scheduled

    Thanks so much for your reply and useful links. I've bookmarked the "purchased, rented, borrowed etc." thread as a memory jogger to remind myself what I need to get yet. Some things I have, walker, grabber, elevated toilet seat with handles, chair cushions, wheelchair, but others I need to get...
  7. S

    Feb 21st Left THR Scheduled

    Thanks Patrikya, I too am US based, out in the deserts of the southwest. (I am also a cash patient since my husband and I couldn't justify paying the high premiums and the high deductibles before being able to utilize the insurance.) My situation is a little different. I fell in the hallway of...
  8. S

    Feb 21st Left THR Scheduled

    First surgery - ever. So I have those "first time" heebie-jeebies. Other than those, the only thing I'm a little worried about is the ten days prior off of all pain management medication except for Tylenol. I tried, went off the Aleve* - it took two days for it to work out of my system and...
  9. S

    2018 February Valentines - Are you having hip surgery in February?

    I'm scheduled (thus far) for a left THR on Feb 21st on an outpatient basis. One more surgical clearance appt and then final surgeon consult and the runway is clear. SMSBD
Back
Top Bottom