Recent content by Smitty0202

  1. S

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    Hi, thank you for this thread. I am only 12 days post op. I am younger and have been exercising to get back. I say those things because I have THE SAME EXACT PAIN and the Dr. has told me to rest. I have almost no pain except in the top of my thigh, debilitating to where I cant walk, my leg...
  2. S

    THR Hip replacement in a 34 year old

    Hey all, Thank you for the responses. The past days have increasingly got better. Lots of Ice, scheduled meds. I don't do much PT, mainly walk around the house for 10 min. I am extremely out of breath after. I was in shape immediately before this so Im a bit put off by it. The pills help...
  3. S

    When do I know its time?

    Hi, I am new here as well, but I do encourage you to speak to the dr on your quality of life. I am 34, and had a THP last week. At first my doctor didnt want to do it, he said because of my age I'd have to get it redone eventually. That was it for about 6 months, until i couldn't work...
  4. S

    THR Hip replacement in a 34 year old

    Hello all, thanks for the replies. Day went well. Had a BM and took a shower. Really refreshing. The wife and I used the med guide to better plan for pain. It really helped. PT came over (3rd session) and we went up the stairs. Once. It hurt bad after, but happy that I accomplished it...
  5. S

    THR Hip replacement in a 34 year old

    Thank you for the info. I will ask OS about nausea. Day 3 of PT is tomorrow, he wants me to go up and down stairs... I don't think so as I can't put full weight on left leg yet. I do like the idea of tracking how long I have walked. Right now only about 2 minutes with walker. Thanks for the...
  6. S

    THR Hip replacement in a 34 year old

    Hello, I have been reading these threads all day. Thank you for your words and encouragement. So, 37 year old male, 12/06/18 7. Am Left THR Posterior. First day went really well, now the pain and nausea has started. I am icing and raising my legs, but there are so many clicks and knocks in...
Back
Top Bottom