Recent content by smithyknee

  1. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    Sorry it's taken so long to reply! I have just started to use a stick and it does feel a little easier.......
  2. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    @Layla Yes I have been doing that and it has been extremely helpful. I found I was walking with my foot at a slight outward angle so have been concentrating on keeping that straight plus heel to toe (with my hubby closely monitoring me!) That is why I am still using a crutch - too much to...
  3. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    Hi Folks! Had a bit of a break from the forum. I am now over 5 months post op, and I am going to be perfectly honest, am only just feeling as though I am getting there! My knee bend has still not reached 90 degrees and my knee still swells a little but I do feel as though I am living a more...
  4. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    Thank you! Yes, I am taking everyone's advice and taking it at my pace. if I become a member of the ODIC it is my fault and I learn from it! This week my knee is feeling more normal, still swells in the evening and I experience some discomfort overnight most nights, but is recovered in the...
  5. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    It is so reassuring to hear that other people in the same time frame are having similar problems (although it would be lovely for you if you weren't !). Thank you so much for replying. Let's hope we all continue with our small improvements .We will get there....
  6. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    New update........ Just over 11 weeks now and still very slow progress. I know I Am making some progress but it is that slow I don't notice. I do worry that the whole thing has not been successful as I have not yet reached the level of mobility I had pre op.... Tempted by glorious sunshine on...
  7. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    Hi Katt, lovely to hear from someone at a similar stage in the same timeframe. I am sure we will be hiking in a year! We have to celebrate the little improvements! I have just restarted taking codeine just before I go to bed and it has resulted in some short spells of deep sleep which makes a...
  8. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    Thanks! Hope you are doing well.....
  9. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    Thank you, it all feels very reassuring..... :loll:
  10. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    10 weeks today since my op! Just filling you in with my progress in case it helps any one at a similar stage who is also progressing slowly. Unfortunaltely I have just had Covid and had a couple of days in bed as I felt 'proper poorly' which may have slowed progress a little. Generally progress...
  11. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    Thanks Thanks! I find myself naturally massaging my thigh without thinking and it does seem to help. Can't wait for it to go away!
  12. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    Weekly Update! It's 9 weeks now since my op, we are actually having a week's break in a country cottage - very wet and windy but a lovely change of scenery. I have seen gentle progress this week. Negatives - still can't sit comfortable for very long, so the car journey here was not easy. Still...
  13. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    I do still ice, but may be not enough. I will look at doing it a bit more again, particularly on my thigh Thanks ! Made good use of my sleepless night by reading up on magnesium and then ordering some!
  14. S

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    Thank you. I will look into magnesium.......
  15. S

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Yes, i am taking paracetemol. Dosn't seem to work on the nerve pain in my thigh ......
Back
Top Bottom