Recent content by smarsh404

  1. smarsh404

    TKR The elusive sleep!

    :sleep: Help… I am one month in after surgery. Everything seems to be going as good as it can. PT on my own terms. ROM at 100 and no real pain, off meds other than Tylenol. Why am I here? Sleep. I have been unable to get 1 decent night of sleep. I tried the bed with cushions and a Lounge Dr and...
  2. smarsh404

    TKR Allergic reaction to dressing adhesive

    Oh my goodness. Same thing happened to me. The dressing was some new thing the hospital was trying, with silver nitrate. I was itching from day one. I wanted to pull it off. When I saw OS nearly 2 weeks after surgery and had dressing removed, all around the incision were bumps like hives. I was...
  3. smarsh404

    Welcome to the June Sunbeams' 2021 Knee Recovery Club

    Hi, Had right knee TKR on June 25th. Had left done Dec 14th 2017.
  4. smarsh404

    TKR I think I have pes anserine bursitis. Is it OK to do modified zumba?

    I wanted to ask how different the first TKR was to the second? Im getting my second done in June. I remember the real pain was when the PT person tried to get me to do something I couldn't do. I ended up having a manipulation done. :no-fin:
  5. smarsh404

    2021 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Hi, I will get my Right Knee TKR on June 25th. Got my Left 3 years ago. Here we go.
  6. smarsh404

    TKR The elusive sleep!

    Hello, Well after 2 weeks off from PT I had a drs appt and he found out my scar tissue had increased. I was stiff and my ROM was down to 40. He immediately told me he had to do an MUA. I went ahead as my knee was swollen and in a lot of pain. Bent my knee from 40 to 117 and have PT every day. I...
  7. smarsh404

    TKR The elusive sleep!

    I’m on my 5th week, is there any way to sleep, other than on your back leg elevated. I’m having a hard time now sleeping on my back. I have always been a side or stomach sleeper.
  8. smarsh404

    TKR The elusive sleep!

    I’m heading to my 5 th week, and I have a question. Should I wear a compression sock that covers my knee or an ace wrap around my knee, to keep swelling to minimum. My PT had said to do that, but now I seem to want to question everything they have told me. Can someone please shed a light for me...
  9. smarsh404

    TKR The elusive sleep!

    Thank you.
  10. smarsh404

    TKR The elusive sleep!

    Hi, I had my LTKR on Dec 15th. My OS had directed on paperwork, PT 1 a week for 2 weeks, then once to twice a week after that. Did not read it and handed it ot PT, who went and scheduled me for PT 3 times a week after surgery. Not the wiser followed with it. Lots of pain and swelling. Finally...
  11. smarsh404

    TKR The elusive sleep!

    Thank you for your words of advice. One step at a time.
  12. smarsh404

    TKR The elusive sleep!

    Wow, Josephine, you put me to shame. Younger than you and you still managed to do all those things on your day of discharge. I am amazed. Your ROM was amazing. My problem is that before surgery my knee was bad. My right knee is not any better either. So some of these exercises I try to do at...
  13. smarsh404

    TKR The elusive sleep!

    Thank you so much for the support and information. I will definitely continue my ice and elevate sessions. And I will assert myself more during PT, And if that doesn’t work I will be my own therapist. :yay: I love this forum and I am so glad to have found it and read about people going through...
  14. smarsh404

    TKR The elusive sleep!

    Hello, first I want to say how glad I am to have found this forum. But I am at my wit's end. I had a left TKR December 15th. Firstly the nurse who put my compression sock on, did so incorrectly and nearly cost me my foot. Loss of blood flow. But I moved on. Recovery has been slow but I have...
Back
Top Bottom