Recent content by Sluggo

  1. Sluggo

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    Thanks Mojo and Layla, hopefully it will go away too. Merry Xmas
  2. Sluggo

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    Why there, quick update, I am going well apart from numbness, on side of the leg, about 4 inches square, between thigh and just above the knee, doesn't seem to be going away, how long have other people experienced this?....cheers Tony
  3. Sluggo

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    Thanks again Constanze
  4. Sluggo

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    Hi, I am going really well doing nearly 200k's a week on my bike now, all good 'cept for the left thigh numbness, hopefully will go away, will be a question for OS next week, I have my follow up appointment, which will be a bit just over 4 months. Another question I have for him is how long do I...
  5. Sluggo

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    Thanks Constanze, I haven't ridden the bike much so resting hasn't really been needed yet, but am still being careful not to do too much just yet, thanks for your input :-)
  6. Sluggo

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    Hi guys I am now at 3 mths THR and am having no issues apart from numbness on left of thigh. Before I had the hip done I had a slight leg length discrepancy, my OS got both legs the same when he did the THR, my back get's a bit sore, I am wondering whether this might be because I am actually...
  7. Sluggo

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    Hi there, I am wondering how long other people have had numbness on side of leg above the knee after an anterior THR, I am at 10 weeks now, has improved a little but still there. thanks in advance.....Tony
  8. Sluggo

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    Well today I decided to ride outside for the first time, just did 10k's, slowly on my mountain bike, on a flat road, felt good. Which is good, because I drive my car to work and ride my bike the last 2 k's so I don't have to pay for parking. Hopefully in a few weeks I may be able to do my 15k...
  9. Sluggo

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    Not sure mate, I hope it will last a lot longer than a lot of new chains and clusters :) I'm just gunna use it, and see what happens, but still going slowly....Tony
  10. Sluggo

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    Thanks Constanze, Sounds like you had similar rehab to me, I was 6 weeks off work, first week only 5 hr days, now back to normal. Will try riding on road in a week or so. In regards to cold, we have very cold overnight temps here in winter, sometimes down to -8c, will just have to wait and see...
  11. Sluggo

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    Thanks mate, i'm just outside Canberra, we get down to -8 some days, here in winter, not looking forward to it.
  12. Sluggo

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    I am wondering if anyone has any idea, if I will wear my new hip out sooner, by cycling too much, in the past I would normally ride 10,000 ks a year. I have a Medacta implant, Titanium with a ceramic sleeve over the ball and a poly cup
  13. Sluggo

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    Thanks for encouragement from everyone. I have a question, should i expect to improve my range of movement, post op, I still cannot spread my leg any further apart, as in drop my operated left leg sideways (hope that makes sense), or am i expecting to much so soon. i have an physio appointment...
  14. Sluggo

    THR Almost 5 months post-op and still a lot of pain & swelling

    Just a quick note, when i got back on my bike, the incision site felt like a big lump under the skin, but now feels less, and i am only up to 12 mins pedalling
  15. Sluggo

    THR Feeling very disillusioned at 4 weeks

    I was struggling at 3-weeks, didn't think i was ever going to improve, but it does, i'm now off one stick for two weeks, back riding my bike in the garage (up to 12 mins), and one week at work, only doing 5 hr days. I had read that anterior hip replacements were dead easy, it hasn't been too...
Back
Top Bottom